Senior Statistical Analyst
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisWe are looking for a Senior Statistical Analyst to join the Community Bank Research and Outreach (CBRO) Operations team, who will perform a wide array of financial and data analyses on banking and branch information. As a Senior Statistical Analyst, you will work on the Competitive Analysis and Structure Source Instrument for Depository Institutions (CASSIDI) application of the Federal Reserve. You will stay up to date on the latest developments in financial markets, Bank and System policies, legislative and regulatory changes and other issues that might affect banking markets and communicate pertinent information to peers and management.
You will report to a manager and work onsite in the St. Louis, MO office.
- Conduct financial analyses that highlight data accuracy and document information that supports the reasonableness of the data.
- Work with numerous data sources and partners to ensure CASSIDI always has the most up to date and accurate data.
- Define and update banking market geographies; and analyze banking market concentrations based on the Herfindahl-Hirschman Index.
- Query data and provide analysis in written and oral form to different partners.
- Build working relationships with management, board staff, banking institutions and other regulatory agencies.
- Keep up to date with changes to bank accounting rules, laws, regulations, and evaluate their relevance to banking markets on CASSIDI.
- Assist Supervisory and Emergency Communications teams and be available to support and respond to events during after-office hours.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a finance, accounting, data science or related field.
- 5 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of banking, structure data, and regulations.
- Experience with SQL or other data querying and analyzing tools.
- Experience assessing information, proposing solutions, and implementing decisions.
- Experience connecting with all levels of an organization.
- Candidates with less experience may be considered at a lower job grade or salary.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: 88,000 – 118,000
In addition to a great compensation package, we offer a comprehensive benefits package all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible on-site work arrangements
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match
- Pension plan
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
At the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, we believe the Federal Reserve most effectively serves the American public by building a more diverse and inclusive economy. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion, at all levels of the organization, has been one of our core values for many years and remains strong as we continue enhancing our efforts. Learn more about Bank’s culture.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information (CSI) and/or Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) information. Access to CSI and FOMC information is limited to U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, individuals who meet the definition of “protected individual” under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), and certain other nonimmigrants. All non-U.S. citizens authorized to access CSI and/or FOMC information must sign a declaration of intent to expeditiously become a U.S. citizen when eligible.
All employees who require access to CSI and/or FOMC information are subject to periodic background investigations and must comply with all applicable information handling policies.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.