Summer 2024 Intern - Statistics
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
ABOUT THE DALLAS FED:
At the Dallas Fed we serve the public by partnering with communities and businesses, promoting jobs and stable prices, and keeping your money safe and available. We welcome different perspectives, ideas, and experiences, and are committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse culture. As part of the nation’s central bank, we are committed to improving the economy and our communities. Are you ready to make a difference?
Learn more about the Dallas Fed: www.dallasfed.org/fed.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
We offer paid, full-time summer internships for many majors, with fulfilling work and opportunities to grow. To help launch your career, we provide dedicated staff mentors. You’ll also learn from senior leaders and industry experts. As part of the Federal Reserve System, you’ll be connected to a professional network that spans the nation. You will begin in early June and will be based in the Dallas office.
Learn more about our internship program: www.dallasfed.org/internships.
ABOUT YOUR TEAM:
The Statistics Department collects information to support the Federal Reserve's monetary policy, economic research, supervision and regulation, and the United States Treasury services responsibilities. The collected data are analyzed to ensure accuracy and compliance with requirements and to identify trends and developments that may have implications for users of the data.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Analyze data to ensure accuracy and identify underlying trends and developments that may have implications for data users
- As required, research regulatory and accounting guidelines in order to assure respondent compliance with banking policies, regulations and GAAP as they relate to financial reporting
- Analyze current reporting processes, procedures & protocols for improvement purposes and implementation of new analysis methods related to report review
- Participate in staff meetings and attends other meetings and trainings
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Background/Education in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with SQL, R, Python, or SAS is a plus
- Flexible hours
- Professional development opportunities
- Broader networking opportunities across District
- Downtown location with free parking
- 24/7 on-site fitness center (Houston, Dallas)
- On-site café and coffee shop
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (40 hours/ week). Some additional hours may be required
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship and meet other eligibility requirements. In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules.
If you need special accommodations during your interview process, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryTemporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.