Program Manager - Government & Civic Relations
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of San FranciscoWe are the San Francisco Fed, public servants with a congressionally mandated mission to promote a sound and stable economy to support the lives of all Americans. We are a community-engaged bank, and we are committed to understanding and serving the vibrant, diverse people of the Twelfth District. That means we seek and appreciate new perspectives. We respect people for what they do and for who they are. We build opportunities to learn and grow. When you join the SF Fed, you become part of a team united in its purpose to promote an economy that works for everyone.
The Government and Civic Relations group is adding an experienced Program Manager to our team. We are charged with building confidence and trust in the SF Fed by elevating the work of the Bank to inform policymakers, engage stakeholders and support our dual mandate. We provide counsel to internal leaders through a lens of current events, news and emerging issues, to make business decisions, pinpoint reputational risk, and surface opportunities. We work collaboratively, both internally and externally, to support a healthy and inclusive economy.
The Program Manager will work with the Government and Civic Relations team, including the Vice President, Senior Advisor and Program Manager, to create and execute on near and long-term goals, strategies, and tactics for engagement with key external stakeholders. This role will focus on state and local outreach across the San Francisco Fed’s district, developing and maintaining relationships with key offices and stakeholders across multiple states. This role will also craft various internal and external communications, plan and participate in convenings, and work collaboratively with members of the Public Engagement team and others in the Bank to support on-the-ground engagement across the SF Fed’s district. This role could be based in San Francisco or in any of the SF Fed’s branch locations, including Salt Lake City, Seattle, Los Angeles, or Portland.
- Work collaboratively with the Government and Civic Relations team, including the Vice President, Senior Advisor and Program Manager, to create and execute on near and long-term goals, strategies, and tactics for engagement with key external stakeholders including federal, state, and local partners.
- Manage state and local stakeholder strategy, outreach and engagement for designated territory; building, managing and strengthening effective relationships with key elected offices and staff, including principal-level briefings and activities.
- Monitor the external environment and be an internal advisor and external champion for the Bank, briefing key leaders on issues and proposals that could impact the FRBSF/FRS’s ability to carry out its public service mission.
- Represent the Bank externally and support executives in stakeholder engagement activities.
- Design and manage channel-appropriate projects, events and communications to inform partners’ and advance the mission of the Bank.
- Manage and evaluate requests from state and local organizations for Bank employees to provide testimony and/or briefings.
- Manage the tracking and reporting of principal- and staff-level engagements to ensure diverse and geographically representative outreach across the District.
- Support the recruitment, onboarding, training, supervision, and evaluation of interns assigned to the department.
- Engage with key stakeholders across the Public Engagement team, including Regional Executives and Community Development, as well as other leaders and teams across the bank
- Participate in the FRS Government Relations Working Group and other committees and cross-functional teams as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Political Science, Public Policy, Government, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Typically requires seven or more years of related experience in government relations and/or public affairs, with experience working directly with elected officials and/or a government agency.
- Ability to synthesize complex streams of information and interpret complex reputational issues.
- Outstanding attention to detail and project management skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation).
- Exceptional judgement, able to work in a non-partisan manner, and maintain confidentiality.
- Willing and able to travel up to 10%.
Hiring Salary Range: $125,000 - $160,000 (San Francisco)
Final salary and offer will be determined by the applicant’s background, experience, skills, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
We offer a generous benefits package which includes several medical plans, a 401k with up to 7% match, and a fully funded defined benefit pension plan. Learn more about San Francisco Fed Benefits here!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryCommunications/Public Relations
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.