Senior Crisis, Emergency, and Incident Management Analyst
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of RichmondAt the Richmond Fed, we’re driven by our mission to strengthen the economy and our communities. We take great pride in what we do and it impacts everyday people every day. When you join our team, you’ll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we’ll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
About the Opportunity
The Integrated Risk and Resilience Team (IRR) has an immediate opening for a Senior Analyst, reporting to the Senior Manager, IRR Strategy and Operations. As a Senior Risk, Incident, and Emergency Management Operations Analyst, you will serve as partner across multiple team members and functions to ensure the 5th District of the Federal Reserve System is prepared to assess, respond to, and recover from a risk or crisis event as rapidly and safely as possible. In this role, you will partner with and lead the development, implementation, and testing of our Bank’s enterprise incident, crisis, and emergency management protocols and operations. You will provide the infrastructure that enables our Bank’s Crisis Management Team to respond to crisis events and will partner with aligned functions (e.g. Health Services, Law Enforcement, and Facilities) to ensure effective emergency evacuation procedures are in place and tested. Additionally, you will partner with aligned functions (e.g., Information Security, IRR business Partners, and LEU) to effectively monitor the organization for highly complex new or potential risks, including anticipating emerging and real-time threats to our overall resilience posture, and to recommend and put in place mitigation actions to mitigate exposure or recover of an incident quickly.
What You Will Do:
- Maintain enterprise continuity related documentation such as crisis management plans, contingency plans, and test results and notification reports.
- Partner with management to continually design, evolve, and implement our crisis/incident management strategy, guidelines, protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Lead the development and testing of our Emergency Management and Evacuation strategy for employee health and safety.
- Support the crisis communication structures including the management of the organization’s essential employees list, crisis communications channels and backup channels and related technology that support various crisis scenarios. Serve as a primary user of the Bank’s communication tools and notification systems during live incidents.
- Develop, coordinate, and facilitate enterprise-wide crisis and incident response exercises and lead associated after-action reviews and improvement plans.
- Partner with the Bank’s intelligence community to understand the Bank’s resilience posture and ensure fast response to real-time events.
- Serve as a primary “traffic controller” to the Fifth District’s risk event reporting, partnering with the IRR risk advisors and the business lines for the appropriate capture and mitigation response.
- Partner with management and business intelligence team to document risk exposure and provide to senior leaders meaningful and concise picture of our evolving risk and resilience posture.
- Support risk and crisis response teams in preparing for and during crisis event, including coordinating incident management operations, ensuring SharePoint and related groups are ready for use just in time, and that members are trained and ready to respond.
- Participate in an On-Call rotation with an expectation of availability to support an incident via coordination, guidance, and / or notifications. With the expectation of 24/7 availability when on-call.
- Participate in related System and Bank related projects and working groups as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in one or more of the following or related fields: Risk management, Incident or Crisis management, Emergency Management, Business Continuity
- Knowledge and experience typically through, or equivalent to, the completion of a Bachelor`s in Science in an accounting, business, finance, technology or related field
- Experience participating in real world risk and incident management and response within a highly complex federated organizational structure.
- The ability to assess risk impact and develop mitigation plans that are commensurate with the assessed risk.
- Experience using GRC or crisis management/incident management tools preferred.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to produce clear and accurate documentation.
- Proven project management skills and experience supervising sophisticated tasks from conceptualization to completion.
- Command of MS Office products (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and collaboration tools (SharePoint, Teams) and the analytical skills to put them to full use.
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Experience participating in real world incidents.
- Familiarity with business continuity and incident management standards and industry best practices such as DRII, ISO 22301, or NFPA 1600; alternately familiar with Emergency Management Accreditation Program (EMAP) standards or guidance from industry leaders such as FEMA or Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP)
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join the Richmond Fed, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun!
- This position will follow the Bank’s hybrid work schedule of 3-days onsite weekly (Tu/Wed/Thurs)
- Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
- Employees who work at and/or visit another Federal Reserve entity or outside business as part of their job duties are required to comply with any onsite safety and health protocols of those organizations (including, but not limited to, requirements to vaccinate or test, mask, social distance, etc.).
- No Key Point: Sponsorship is not available for this role. Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications.
- The Business Analyst - Senior hiring range is $87,100 - $119,790 annually.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.