Audio/Visual System Coordinator II
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
About the Role:
The Audio-Visual Coordinator II, reporting to the AV Supervisor in Real Estate Services, is responsible for supporting the demand for high-quality AV production services. As presentation technology becomes more sophisticated, the Bank needs skilled personnel who are knowledgeable about a variety of presentation hardware and software and the emerging technologies being used. Responsible for audio-visual functions of the Conference Center as described below. Leads the coordination and execution of AV needs of both internal and external events. Ensures a consistent, high level of service throughout the pre-event, event, and post-event phases for all events. The Audio-Visual Coordinator II will exhibit exemplary customer service skills and the ability to respond to technology glitches quickly and stay composed under pressure. Ability to work with staff at all levels of the organization, external guests, and dignitaries.
- Provide and operate AV/VC equipment for internal and external customers to support meetings, conferences, seminars or other events that require presentation services or hybrid event support.
- Maintain equipment, perform minor repairs and emergency workarounds, keep maintenance logs and work with other departments to coordinate repairs by outside vendor. Instruct bank employees in the use of equipment. Respond to trouble calls from customers. Troubleshoot Bank`s TV system, digital signage and museum exhibit.
- Consult with customers on the purchase of new equipment. Collaborate with Bank`s other technology owners. Serve as key stakeholder for District AV/VC product roadmap and strategy. Assist and lead on AV/VC related projects. Submit, review, and oversee Information Security approvals for new software and hardware.
- Perform basic production of AV/VC materials including filming, editing, and duplicating video and audio files.
- Bachelor’s degree in arts and technology, video audio production, radio, television and film, other digital media program, or equivalent experience. InfoComm Certified Technology Specialist certification preferred; required within one year of employment.
- Five years of related work experience in AV/VC support for large professional groups. Demonstrated experience in the operation and maintenance of contemporary audiovisual systems.
- Experience coordinating information security approval for new equipment and integrating systems to meet information security guidelines.
- Expertise with Audio Digital Signal Processing Equipment.
- Ability to install control system hardware and download control system source Code.
- Ability to respond to technology glitches quickly and stay composed under pressure.
- Must possess the ability to read and understand system technical drawings.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Apple, Software: Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office Suite, Room control/automation processors, Audio and digital signal processors and Studio production and recording equipment.
- Knowledge of industry standards and AV related networking: IP addressing, TCP/IP ports, protocols, connection/transfer rates, Video streaming. Protocols, plug-ins, codecs, Video standards.
- Must know bit and sample rates, compression/codecs, file types, connectors, basic occupational safety regulations and guidelines.
- Must have some knowledge on cable management, electrical safety, lighting, and sound levels.
- Ability to troubleshoot AV systems of varying size and complexity, including diagnosing.
- Ability to comprehend signal-chain issues, equipment/component failure and configuration error and field terminate cables with connectors including BNC, XLR, TRS, etc.
- Must be able to calibrate AV equipment, including projector alignment, focus, color/levels balance, audio gain structure, mix balancing, equalization and wireless microphone frequency coordination.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S and the role is not available for sponsorship.
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm; hours vary due to assignments; some evening work required. Occasional travel may be required. Essential Functions: Ability to lift 30 pounds, crawl, sit, work in confined spaces. General office working environment. Ability to setup, teardown, and operate AV/VC equipment for events and meetings.
This role supports the ongoing operation of the Bank and requires working onsite at the Federal Reserve work location 100% of the time.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.