ServiceNow Automation Engineer/ Application Developer
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of RichmondWhen you join the Federal Reserve—the nation's central bank—you’ll play a key role, collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We invest in contemporary and emerging technology each year to support the Federal Reserve and our economy, and we’re building a dynamic and diverse team for our future.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we’ll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
About the Opportunity
Our National IT Enterprise Service Management team has an immediate opening for a seasoned ServiceNow development professional possessing extensive experience in all facets of the platform including, but limited to, Catalog/Application Development, ITSM, ITOM and ITAM configuration/customization/support, Event Management, Discovery, ATF, Reporting, Performance Analytics and Predictive Intelligence/AIOps.
As a ServiceNow Application Developer, you will work with Product Owners to understand requirements, build high-quality scalable and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture, and help improve application development, deployment, and customization.
What You Will Do:
- Customer Advocate providing support to users/administrators of our platform. Contributing to the growth of best practices for delivery of support services.
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable, and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (Code Reviews, Unit testing, etc.)
- Work with the product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation and delivery of high-quality product to our users.
- Understand our platform, cloud technologies and troubleshooting practices to ensure successful resolution of challenging technical situations.
- Assess, troubleshoot, resolve, and provide root cause analysis for ServiceNow Product issues.
- Manage customers' expectations and experience in a way that results in high customer satisfaction.
- Maintain technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality and use that expertise to help customers.
- Subject Matter Expert in assigned areas of product functionality and utilize that expertise effectively to help customers. Share and deliver knowledge sessions with peers globally.
- Create scripts to automate repetitive tasks or scripts to enable faster troubleshooting.
- Work with a strong set of teams to improve developing and deploying applications and customizations.
- Design software that is simple to use to allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific needs.
- Lead the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite.
- Help in development and mentoring of team members in various technologies and ServiceNow Platform.
- Suggest and implement improvements to internal processes.
- Work on technical and non-technical projects.
- Communicate with customers and our teams through case, phone and other electronic methods.
- Create knowledge base materials dedicated towards operational efficiency while also empowering and enabling the customers.
- Maintain impeccable case hygiene and customer related files and records.
- 5+ years Technical Support experience/3+ years ServiceNow experience
- Experience in SN operational monitoring support, automation, and integration with 3rd party tools.
- Experience as a ServiceNow Administrator, assessing, troubleshooting, resolving, and providing root cause analysis for ServiceNow Product issues.
- Experience with the following ServiceNow Modules: Event Management, Performance Analytics, Predictive Analytics, ITSM, ITOM, ITAM, Discovery, Reporting, Catalog and Portal
- Experience with Plugins, Spokes, Integration hub and use of API to facilitate integrations.
- Experience with ServiceNow AppStudio.
- Advanced understanding of Object-Oriented programming. Java preferred.
- Advanced understanding of Networking concepts including TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH protocols, concepts of firewall, load balancer and ports
- Good Experience in diagnosing performance related issues by analyzing Heap dumps or Thread Stacks
- Good Experience in using Linux/Unix OR Microsoft Server
- Good knowledge of the components in a web applications stack.
- Good knowledge on RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle)
- Familiarity with VMware, AWS, Azure, Event Management System
- Demonstrated ability to understand the problem statement and troubleshoot complex technical issues with ease.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Personal commitment to quality and customer service.
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage case backlog.
- Should be a team player working efficiently in a collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex user issues (difficult customers)
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join the Richmond Fed, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun!
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
- Employees who work at and/or visit another Federal Reserve entity or outside business as part of their job duties are required to comply with any onsite safety and health protocols of those organizations (including, but not limited to, requirements to vaccinate or test, mask, social distance, etc.).
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. The selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility for this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- The hiring range for Advisor IT Advanced is $128,700 – $160,900 annually.
- For candidates outside Richmond, VA, listed hiring and salary ranges may be adjusted based on your geographic location.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply by January 5, 2024.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.