Executive Administrative Assistant
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of RichmondWhen you join the Federal Reserve—the nation's central bank—you’ll play a key role, collaborating with a dynamic and diverse team of mission-driven professionals to strengthen and protect our economy and our communities.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we’ll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
About the Opportunity
The Research Department has an immediate opening for an Advanced Administrative Assistant located in the Baltimore, Maryland branch office. You will provide administrative support for the Baltimore Regional Executive and department staff.
What You Will Do:
- Perform a variety of complex and executive-level administrative and business support activities; anticipate and manage workflow, and proactively coordinate upcoming deliverables for core Research programs and processes.
- Provide direct administrative support, including calendar management and travel coordination, to the Baltimore Regional Executive and Regional Economist.
- Manage arrangements for complex internal and external events, including scheduling rooms, setting up virtual meetings, managing invitation lists, escorting visitors, coordinating room set-up and day-of meeting logistics, and arranging transportation and hotels. Make cold calling attempts to get access to external parties. Provides high-touch and detailed support for highly visible internal and external events.
- Maintain an organized view of external engagements and presentations for the supported Regional Executive and Regional Economist; leverage customer relationship management database to actively maintain engagement information.
- Maintain and monitor incoming communications, electronic and other, for appropriate distribution and responses, which includes confidential committee or other highly sensitive communications, while ensuring compliance to mandated processes.
- Serve as the lead for the functions most critical and complex processes and multi-facet projects.
- Produce and edit correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations, some of which are confidential or sensitive in nature.
- Make travel arrangements (domestic and international) for officers, management, and other department staff.
- Perform purchasing and payment activities for department, working within established guidelines to ensure compliance with Federal Reserve policies and timely payment of invoices.
- Maintain department records including department procurement records to meet requirements of audits and operations reviews.
- Develop analytical reports and completes projects of average to moderate complexity and priority.
- Serve as primary point of contact for inquiries and issues related to administrative processes at the department and Bank level and for business visitors; work directly with Bank staff and visitors to coordinate meetings, travel, or other routine arrangements.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to meet Bank compliance requirements related to administrative processes.
- Primary technical support for department and Bank systems requiring self-service activities.
- Perform various department onboarding activities, including preparation of workspace, updates to email groups, and creation of new employee information packets.
- Serve as a back-up to other department Administrative Assistants.
- Perform other incidental duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 9+ years of administrative assistant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle the most sensitive information with confidentiality and tact.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, executive presence, interpersonal and customer service skills and sound judgment.
- Excellent attention to detail with a compliance focus and quality of work and service.
- Advanced project management and analytical skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and time management skills with a strong ability to multitask and reprioritize.
- Attentive response to internal or external requests for information.
- Ability to work independently and proactively with limited supervision and direction.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Effective working as contributor and member of a team environment.
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join the Richmond Fed, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
- Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role.
- The hiring range of the Administrative Assistant - Advanced is $62,400 - $85,800 annually.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.