Summer 2024 Intern - Internal Audit
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
ABOUT THE DALLAS FED:
At the Dallas Fed we serve the public by partnering with communities and businesses, promoting jobs and stable prices, and keeping your money safe and available. We welcome different perspectives, ideas, and experiences, and are committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse culture. As part of the nation’s central bank, we are committed to improving the economy and our communities. Are you ready to make a difference?
Learn more about the Dallas Fed: www.dallasfed.org/fed.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
We offer paid, full-time summer internships for many majors, with fulfilling work and opportunities to grow. To help launch your career, we provide dedicated staff mentors. You’ll also learn from senior leaders and industry experts. As part of the Federal Reserve System, you’ll be connected to a professional network that spans the nation. You will begin in early June 2024 and will be based in the Dallas office.
Learn more about our internship program: www.dallasfed.org/internships.
ABOUT YOUR TEAM:
Internal Audit’s purpose is to provide quality internal audit services that add value and improve the Bank’s operations. Audit services include providing an independent and objective assessment of the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of control systems and operations; consulting on improvement of control structures and operations; and assisting the Bank in accomplishing its objectives through a systematic and disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of the effectiveness of the organization’s business risk management, control and governance processes.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist with internal control, financial, compliance and/or operational audits and/or audits of automation functions in the District in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and departmental procedures
- Assist with the review and analysis of accounting records and supporting documentation for accuracy, propriety, and compliance with Bank and System Accounting policies and with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Conduct data extraction and analysis utilizing software tools
- Assist with special audits or projects as assigned by Audit management and performs other audit related activities
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Pursuing a bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems Sciences or a related discipline
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements
- Flexible hours
- Professional development opportunities
- Broader networking opportunities across District
- Downtown location with free parking
- 24/7 on-site fitness center (Houston, Dallas)
- On-site café and coffee shop
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (40 hours/ week). Some additional hours may be required
This role allows for the employee to work in a hybrid manner with some work conducted onsite at the Federal Reserve work location and some work conducted remotely. For this specific role, 1-2 days per week of work can be conducted remotely. Specific schedule details will be discussed during the recruitment process.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S and the role is not available for sponsorship.
If you need special accommodations during your interview process, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryTemporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.