Leadership Fellows Analyst
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of PhiladelphiaThe Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is one of the 12 regional Reserve Banks that, together with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up the Federal Reserve System. It helps formulate and implement monetary policy, supervises banks, savings and loan holding companies, and provides financial services to depository institutions and the federal government. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia serves eastern and central Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, and Delaware.
Program Overview: The Leadership Fellows Program (LFP) will offer an opportunity for exposure to a range of Bank functions while working as a broad-based analyst. The program will provide a significant training and professional development component to prepare individuals to take on greater analytical and leadership responsibilities as they learn and grow through the program. The LFP is a challenging and quick paced program, with rotational assignments taking place, as LFP analysts progress through entry, junior and senior level assignments. LFP analysts are considered Bank resources and can be assigned to different departments on short notice, depending on Bank needs.
Job Summary: Provide analytical and project support for unit/department; demonstrate increasing skills in collecting, analyzing, and presenting data/recommendations; and coordinate projects and assignments across a broad range of departments. You are expected to perform the outlined tasks with close guidance, well defined instructions, and minimal guidance, either from management or from senior staff members.
What You Will Do:
- Administer projects related to department operational improvements, staffing needs, department or Bank goals, or procedure/policy reviews and updates. Helps develop recommendations and makes presentations to management and department staff.
- Research market/industry practices; collect and analyze data or information; draw appropriate conclusions; present results in written reports or through oral presentations using visual aids.
- Participate in budget related activities such as developing and monitoring budget, compiling data, monitoring expenses, responding to inquiries, providing documentation, explaining variances, presenting to management, and providing rationale and recommendations.
- Monitor status, identifies trends, and prepares reports on quality measures, performance metrics, or other department goals and objectives.
- Coordinates, or conducts activities related to identifying and managing department risks, such as internal audits; compliance and risk management; and Business Continuity testing and plan maintenance.
- Coordinate business requirements and process changes for automated systems.
- Develop training plans and materials for department and Bank employees and train others on the material.
- Complete ad-hoc projects and/or assignments.
What You Have:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required. Current students who expect to graduate in spring 2024 are welcome to apply. All majors are welcome to apply.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated personal initiative.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products as well as exposure to various business applications.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of analysis and communication.
- Experience with project management preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills to include organization, planning and execution.
- Effective customer service orientation.
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership roles.
- Position may include additional requirements unique to the individual department or division.
The salary grade for this position is: Grade 9
We offer a great benefits package that features:
Medical (4 options), Prescription, Dental (3 options), and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
401k/Thrift Plan with generous employer match
Employer-funded Pension Plan
Paid Vacation/Sick Time & Holidays
Monthly $100 Commuter Allowance
Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Spending Accounts
Flexible Work Schedule available in most departments
Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Tuition Reimbursement (undergraduate and graduate)
Free onsite 24/7 Fitness Center including training classes, Peloton bikes and locker room / shower facilities.
Onsite Cafeteria & Coffee Shop
Additional Convenience Benefits, Discounts and More…
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our employees is essential to our success as an organization, and we want to recruit, develop and retain the most accomplished people from a diverse candidate pool. To support a workplace culture of belonging, we offer eight employee resource groups (ERGs) and a 100 percent rating on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We have eight employee resource groups (ERGs) to support a diverse workforce. Abilities (supporting disabilities and allies), African Heritage, Asian-Pacific, Freedom (supporting LQBTQ+ and allies), Talent Forward (supporting career growth), Women United, Working Families and Veterans. ERGs are open to all employees.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
All Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia employees must comply with the Bank's ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the Recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics officer if necessary. You should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
Background investigations and drug testing are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Candidates for positions deemed as "safety sensitive" will also be screened for the presence of marijuana. Employment may not begin until the Bank accepts the results of the background investigation.
All employees will be subject to FBI fingerprint / criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
Certain eligibility rules apply. You will provide work authorization to prove their eligibility to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, level of work and the requirements of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
This is not a 100% remote opportunity. You will be available to work on-site in at least a hybrid capacity.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.