Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of BostonAs an employee of the Boston Fed, you will work to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation. You will contribute to communities, the region, and the nation by conducting economic research, participating in monetary policy-making, supervising certain financial institutions, providing financial services and payments, playing a leadership role in the payments industry, and supporting economic well-being in communities through a variety of efforts. The Boston Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks and we serve all or parts of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Our mission is accomplished through our Bank's values: diversity, equity and inclusion, innovation, integrity, and leadership.
This job is eligible for a hybrid schedule with some on-site work expected.
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team within the Corporate Strategy and Risk (CSR) Group is responsible for executing the Reserve Bank’s Enterprise Risk Management program. ERM has an opening for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Risk Analyst. As an important member of the ERM team, the Risk Analyst will report to the Enterprise Risk Management Lead and will support the implementation and execution of the ERM Framework.
The Risk Analyst will interact with people across the organization; gather, analyze, monitor, and track risk information and data, contribute to assessments and the preparation of risk reports, including presentations for senior leaders. This role will help to advance important ERM framework activities and priorities including key risks and key risk indicators, emerging risks, and risk reporting.
- Support the execution of the ERM framework and program.
- Perform analysis of risk trends and themes and effectively present conclusions and recommendations.
- Assist with the preparation of risk reporting and participate in presentations to business leaders, senior management, and Federal Reserve governance groups.
- Contribute to the development, monitoring and reporting of key risks and key risk indicators (KRIs).
- Work with a variety of data and risk input sources to support the identification, analysis, assessment, mitigation, and reporting of the Bank’s Enterprise Risk Profile (ERP).
- Research internal and external emerging risks and other risk-related topics and concepts to support continued improvement of risk identification, assessment, and reporting.
- Engage with, and support business areas with the completion of various risk activities.
- Contribute to and develop training presentations, online forums, articles, and other tools to advance risk culture and awareness.
- Perform department operational responsibilities, including administrative activities, as requested.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position does not directly supervise others.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and experience normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of related job experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation capabilities.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple projects, synthesize information from multiple sources and operate effectively given new and/or evolving priorities.
- Self-starter with good problem-solving skills, critical thinking, intellectually curious, and comfortable asking questions.
- Excellent time-management, high-level attention to detail and project management skills.
- Strong business interpersonal skills, with an ability to excel in working with a diverse group of colleagues, senior management, and other stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Power BI, PowerPoint; Tableau knowledge is a plus.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.