Workday Product Analyst - Financial Accounting
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of BostonAs an employee of the Boston Fed, you will work to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation. You will contribute to communities, the region, and the nation by conducting economic research, participating in monetary policy-making, supervising certain financial institutions, providing financial services and payments, playing a leadership role in the payments industry, and supporting economic well-being in communities through a variety of efforts. The Boston Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks and we serve all or parts of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Our mission is accomplished through our Bank's values: diversity, equity and inclusion, innovation, integrity, and leadership.
This role is eligible for a hybrid schedule, with a mix of remote work from your home office in the First District and planned onsite work expected for intentional collaboration with onsite presence multiple times a month.
Product Specialists are organizationally aligned with business lines supporting Product Management and partner with technology solution delivery teams. Responsible for creating the value of the product for internal and external stakeholders by focusing on user experience, requirement analysis and acceptance criteria. Member of the product team responsible for defining and prioritizing a team’s backlog while ensuring translation of the Product Manager’s vision and outcomes into stories.
- Collaborates with the Product Squad to ensure the right customer problem is solved; this can involve sharing market research and competitive analysis with the team to best focus their efforts
- Contributes to the work of the Product Manager as they define a product strategy and direction
- Researches and develops ideas and benefiting use cases for new system enhancements
- Recommend strategic initiatives by defining enhancements for system semi-annual release optional intake items
- Gathers, manages, and prioritizes the product backlog based on the roadmap
- Ensures user stories are “ready” for development to start – including that each story has acceptance criteria and a definition of done
- Tests changes developed by the Product Squad and supports signing off when ready for production
- Conducts user training sessions and partners with product marketing/communications and product team to develop training strategy and materials
- Connects the why/business value associated with product features to the how in demonstrations, training materials, etc.; has business and system product knowledge and is able to share with all stakeholders when needed
- Supports and participates in effective team retrospectives
- Collaborates with other dependent teams
- Performs work independently and is accountable for leading efforts to successful completion including partnering with product manager, sponsor, and/or stakeholders to establish the strategic direction
- Ability to provide thought leadership regarding industry experience and knowledge
- Well established credibility and trust within the team and with business stakeholders
- Assignments are of moderate to high priority, involving complex and in-depth analysis
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to lead with influence rather than authority
- Reviews work of others, provides feedback, and serves as a knowledge resource to less experienced staff
- Relevant bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of directly related education and/or experience
- Specialized understanding of the business line industry and of technology delivery or product management
- Typically requires five years of experience in a combination of technology product management, business line industry knowledge, or related technology delivery.
- Knowledge of applicable software development life cycle methodologies (e.g., Agile SCRUM)
The Federal Reserve System is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.