Senior Policy Analyst
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisWe are looking for an experienced Senior Policy Analyst to produce high-quality data analysis related to banking and financial regulation for our Supervisory, Policy, Research and Analysis (SPRA) unit. As our Policy Analyst, you will report to the Manager of SPRA and support the team’s data provisioning and analysis needs. Additionally, you will utilize various quantitative approaches to perform advanced analytics, write reports, and present the findings, and working collaboratively across the Division. You will work on-site in the St. Louis, MO office.
- Provide data, information, and analysis in written and oral form to economists, analysts, bank examiners, bank management, and Board of Governors staff members.
- Conduct statistical analysis for unit research and policy projects.
- Serve as project manager for internal and external reports produced for the Division, the Federal Reserve System, and State Banking Departments.
- Assist in developing memos and presentations for Unit economists, analysts, and other bank officials as required.
- Review and organize banking, economic, and financial data.
- Compile, review, and assess information from academic journals, market sources, and government reports.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field or commensurate experience
- 5 years relevant work experience
- Can use computers to analyze data and generate reports.
- Can write computer programs to conduct research and maintain web sites.
- Can write programs to analyze and manipulate large datasets.
- Can work on several projects simultaneously with little supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates with less experience may be considered at a lower job grade or salary.
- Position requires US Citizen or lawful permanent resident intending to become a citizen who meets certain other requirements
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: 100,000 - 129,000
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible on-site work arrangements
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position and sponsorship for a work visa, and subsequently for permanent residence, if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements.
You must undergo a background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.