Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
About the Role:
Currently, the Legal department is looking for a versatile Attorney with in-depth knowledge of contracts, intellectual property law, and commercial transactions. The attorney will provide legal support and advice to Bank management and officials on several legal issues. You will have knowledge and legal practice experience for performing a variety of difficult and complex legal work, while frequently operating with substantial discretion and minimal discretion or guidance. The attorney position requires admission to the State Bar of Texas and will report to the Bank’s Deputy General Counsel. This position is based in Dallas, TX and offers flexible work arrangements.
- Prepare and negotiate complex Bank agreements involving all legal aspects, including licenses, insurance (including workers compensation), construction, software and hardware agreements, various vendor agreements and related documents
- Analyze legal, policy and administrative issues relating to information technology, protecting intellectual property, nondisclosure agreements, software and hardware agreement, development agreement and business strategy planning
- Anticipate and guard against legal risks facing the Bank; works independently, with little or no guidance, performing complex legal work on issues that may often does have a significant impact on the Bank; studies constitution, statutes, decisions and ordinances of judicial bodies; works on complex problems and provides creative solutions; independently pursues action to achieve desired results
- Participate in formulating and administering Legal Department procedures and guidance, including assisting in developing departmental priorities and initiatives
- Assist with the development and recommendation of operating policies and procedural improvements for the various departments and functions within the Bank
- Participate on teams or projects, interpret internal or external business issues and recommend best practices
- Represent the Bank and its officials in various legal and administrative proceedings’ appear before various organizations and groups as a legal representative and spokesperson for the Bank concerning legal matters
- Minimum 4 years of increasing responsibility and experience in a law firm or corporate legal department, and the ability to operate with minimal direction
- Technology-related degree or certifications, and/or equivalent combination of technology experience preferred
- Membership in the Texas Bar and are eligible to practice law in Texas; must be a graduate of an ABA accredited law school
- Prior financial, transactional, or regulatory experience
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Understanding of banking law and the Federal Reserve System
- Demonstrated ability to think and decide quickly, and to communicate legal issues and solutions clearly and concisely
- Outstanding organizational and client management skills; capable of inspiring confidence and trust with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to regularly solve complex problems and take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Equivalent education and/or experience that may be substituted for any of the above requirements
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
This role allows for the employee to work in a hybrid manner with some work conducted onsite at the Federal Reserve work location and some work conducted remotely. For this specific role, 3 days per week of work can be conducted remotely. Specific schedule details will be discussed during the recruitment process.
Assessment(s) related to the position may be administered during the interview process.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship and meet other eligibility requirements. In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.