SR MECHANIC - LOW VOLTAGE
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of PhiladelphiaThe Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is one of the 12 regional Reserve Banks that, together with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up the Federal Reserve System. It helps formulate and implement monetary policy, supervises banks, savings and loan holding companies, and provides financial services to depository institutions and the federal government. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia serves eastern and central Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, and Delaware.
Under minimal supervision, maintains, repairs, and installs all mechanical, air conditioning, heating, and plumbing equipment and systems on premises to keep plant operating efficiently and satisfactorily. Utilize a variety of technical skills to support the site's maintenance program and complete or facilitate upgrades. Communicate each day's activities and problems that occur to other shifts using approved communication programs and standards. Display basic knowledge of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, and/or general building. Perform repairs on the building's interior and exterior, equipment servicing, preventive maintenance, inspections and installations of building operation systems. Must display necessary computer skills in order to operate the facility's Building Management/Automation Systems and Work Order System. The position interacts with employees within the department as well as internal customers across the facility.
NOTE: This is a 2nd shift position, the hours are approximately 1:30pm - 10:00pm, with rotating weekends. This position will be entitled to a 10% shift differential. In addition, this position will be entitled to FREE indoor bank parking.
· Ensures proper operation of the facility by monitoring building systems and the Building Management/Automation Systems and making any necessary adjustments or schedule implementations.
· Evaluate, repair and maintain plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems in the building.
· Adjusting and/or repairing all HVAC equipment, cooling towers, and utilities.
· Making repairs such as: replacing fan and motor bearings, pumps, repair steam traps, gauges, valves, and thermostats.
· Utilize technical skills to troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning equipment.
· Perform preventive maintenance work such as: equipment inspections, equipment lubrication, drive belt replacement, adjust, clean, calibrate to assure proper operation.
· Additional task may be added depending on an individual's background and skill set.
· Assisting contractors performing for the Bank by performing system shutdowns in coordination with their work completion of their work permits and monitoring of safe work practices.
· Ensure all contracted work is satisfactorily completed.
· Communicate with facilities management about any work that requires outside expert assistance.
· Receive and respond to tenant reports of mechanical or maintenance issues in their areas.
· Responds to emergency service requests, alarms, and evacuations.
· Utilizes a computerized Maintenance Management System to obtain Work Orders to execute and record time.
· Fulfills job duties and responsibilities in conformance with sound safety practices and procedures.
· Aids department by reading blueprints and schematics, prepares layouts and rough draft drawings.
· Assists in identifying scopes of repair and/or projects.
·Takes lead role when working with less experienced personnel.
· Supervises and trains less experienced personnel by overseeing and checking work.
· Helps evaluate performance and potential of mechanical personnel. Attends all necessary training. Maintains acceptable training status on all procedures and policies.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Interface with internal customers to assist in project definition and customer satisfaction.
· Assists other technicians and department staff.
· Prepares records and reports describing procedures, actions taken and recommended solutions.
· Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
· Work with Supervisor or Manager to create procedures for tasks performed. Perform other tasks as required.
Education and Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent; mechanic certification or professional training or equivalent construction/industry experience.
· Well-rounded general knowledge of multiple trades, ability to work on a variety of equipment.
· Industrial HVAC/plumbing and/or Electrical is preferred.
· A minimum of 8 years of experience, 10 years of experience is preferred. Basic understanding of HVAC related steam, hot water, control and electrical systems.
· Demonstration of electrical skills, knowledge of NFPA-70E guidelines, and Lock Out and Tag Out Processes.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Must possess appropriate level of communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to perform basic job functions (opening of enclosures, use of multimeter, etc.) while wearing appropriate personnel protective equipment (safety glasses, Arc Flash attire, etc.)
· Ability to accurately read gauges, meters, directions or instructions from work orders, manufacture specifications, or correspondence.
· Ability to distinguish colors of materials, sizes and shapes.
· Must possess basic math skills and have the ability to utilize these skills to calculate quantity of materials needed to complete a work request.
· Must possess basic computer skills and have the ability to enter time and materials utilized to complete work orders in the automated system.
· Ability to inspect work to determine conformance with company or manufacturer specifications.
· Ability to inspect equipment to determine extent of wear or damage and report findings/needs to supervisor.
· Valid City of Philadelphia operating engineer's license or ability to obtain within one year of employment.
· Valid driver's license (to enable effective job performance at the Bank's facilities during emergencies).
· Because this job is considered a safety sensitive position, following a conditional offer of employment, a drug screen for all controlled substances prohibited by federal law, including marijuana, will be required.
· Ability to bend/kneel down, or reach up to make equipment adjustments, obtain materials, or replenish equipment with working materials; crawl over/under pipes, wires, etc. to perform job; erecting or breaking down scaffolding; climb stairs, ladders, ramps, and steps.
· Ability to lift up to 30 pounds repeatedly during the completion of work.
· Ability to inspect the quality of parts, materials, and supplies for use; ability to respond to building emergencies in an expeditious manner.
The salary grade for this position is: 11.
We offer a great benefits package that features:
Medical (4 options), Prescription, Dental (3 options), and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
401k/Thrift Plan with generous employer match
Employer-funded Pension Plan
Paid Vacation/Sick Time & Holidays
Monthly $100 Commuter Allowance
Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Spending Accounts
Flexible Work Schedule available in most departments
Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
Tuition Reimbursement (undergraduate and graduate)
Free onsite 24/7 Fitness Center including training classes, Peloton bikes and locker room / shower facilities
Onsite Cafeteria & Coffee Shop
Additional Convenience Benefits, Discounts and More…
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our employees is essential to our success as an organization, and we want to recruit, develop and retain the most accomplished people from a diverse candidate pool. To support a workplace culture of belonging, we offer eight employee resource groups (ERGs) and a 100 percent rating on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We have eight employee resource groups (ERGs) to support a diverse workforce. Abilities (supporting disabilities and allies), African Heritage, Asian-Pacific, Freedom (supporting LQBTQ+ and allies), Talent Forward (supporting career growth), Women United, Working Families and Veterans. ERGs are open to all employees.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
All Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia employees must comply with the Bank's ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the Recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics officer if necessary. You should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
Background investigations and drug testing are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Candidates for positions deemed as "safety sensitive" will also be screened for the presence of marijuana. Employment may not begin until the Bank accepts the results of the background investigation.
All employees will be subject to FBI fingerprint / criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
Certain eligibility rules apply. You will provide work authorization to prove their eligibility to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, level of work and the requirements of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
This is not a 100% remote opportunity. You will be available to work on-site in at least a hybrid capacity.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Job CategoryBuilding Services/Facilities
Work ShiftSecond (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.