IT Risk Management Examiner
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced IT Risk Management Examiner to lead risk-focused IT assessments and examinations of community and regional financial institutions (FIs) under Reserve Bank supervisory authority. This will be accomplished by reviewing IT audit and operations, information security programs, business resiliency programs, systems development life cycle processes, and management information systems for assurance of safe and sound practices and compliance with applicable banking laws, regulations, and policy statements. You will work with multiple team members, across the 11th district making important contributions to protect the nation’s financial system. We prefer you to be based in Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio.
- Partner with IT, commercial, and dedicated supervisory examiners to plan and participate in supervisory events of financial institutions
- Analyze an institution’s policies, procedures and controls related to IT and enterprise risk management, internal and external audit, development and acquisition functions, cyber/information security, business resiliency , and operational capabilities
- Work with examiners, Reserve Bank management, and other federal and state banking regulators to recommend IT regulatory ratings and assessments
- Develop work papers and reports to document your analysis and support your conclusions
- Lead and/or participate in meetings with institution management regarding supervisory findings and concerns
- Develop surveillance briefings and research on emerging IT and cybersecurity threats
- Participate in Reserve Bank and System IT workgroup initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or related field
- Minimum of five years of direct work experience auditing or managing security and technical controls using industry standard frameworks, such as FFIEC, NIST, SANS, and ISO
- Advanced knowledge in information security, risk management, end point and server technologies, network management/architecture, intrusion detection and prevention systems, vulnerability/pen testing management, audit, and patch management systems
- Experience evaluating and applying IT, cybersecurity, audit, and risk management concepts within a regulatory framework or at a financial services firm
- Professional certifications in cybersecurity, audit, IT, risk management or related disciplines preferred
- Strong analytical, writing skills, and oral communication, including presentation and negotiation skills in dealing with all levels of management, boards of directors and other regulatory agencies
- Demonstrated teamwork, analytic and critical thinking abilities
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
This position can be located in the Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio offices. All candidates must be prepared to travel up to 25% for onsite examinations and periodic staff meetings at the Dallas Reserve Bank. This role allows for the employee to work in a hybrid manner with some work conducted onsite at the Federal Reserve work location and some work conducted remotely. For this specific role, 3 days per week of work can be conducted remotely. Specific schedule details will be discussed during the recruitment process.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position and sponsorship for a work visa, and subsequently for permanent residence, if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.