Sr. Application Developer
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of San FranciscoThe Cash Application Delivery Services (Cash ADS) team is looking for a Sr. Application Developer to join our software application delivery team. Cash ADS is cross-district partnership between the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco and the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond. Our mission is to deliver on the business commitments, outcomes, and strategic initiatives in support of the FRFS FedCash Services line of business.
When you join the SF Fed, you join a team of people working together to foster an inclusive economy that works for everyone. From data-driven insights to cloud transformation, the information technology team moves the SF Fed forward. We use innovative technologies and Agile methods to positively impact every American across the communities we serve.
We empower our people to balance their life and work responsibilities. That is why we offer a flexible hybrid work model that allows you to collaborate with office colleagues on some days, and work from home on others.
- Design, code, test, and document enhancements to existing systems of high complexity and scope, working with common application designs and specifications, utilizing industry and System standard procedures, products, and methodologies.
- Formulate concepts and develops solutions using defined user requirements. Interpret requirements and work with the customer to clarify requirements as needed.
- Support emerging cloud technology evaluations trends and disruptions and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to evolve and improve CASH suite operating platforms.
- Support migration of microservice based system from on-premises to AWS cloud.
- Actively participate in meetings with business and technical stakeholders to translate technical and/or complicated information into clear, concise information to resolve problems and communicate changes.
- Design or adapt frameworks and best practices established for the project, team, and FRB San Francisco consistent with industry standards.
- Negotiate commitments with solution/resolution providers for responsive turnaround on root cause analysis and subsequent action plans to complete resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Information technology, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of experience in Java, Microservices, Spring and related technologies
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications.
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve.
- Java/Java EE application development experience.
- One or more years of development experience using Oracle and AWS
- Understanding of the DevSecOps ecosystem and technology stack and tools (e.g., Maven, Jenkins, GitLab, Nexus, Subversion, Fortify, SonarQube and Nexus IQ).
- Must be a U.S Citizen or a Green Card holder with intent to become a U.S Citizen
- AWS Certified Developer Associate
- Experience working through complex, mission critical systems Cloud adoption and migration efforts along with understanding of design standard methodologies for AWS.
- Demonstrated knowledge in AWS cloud technologies including but not limited to ECS, ECR, S3, ALB, RDS, DMS, KMS, Secrets Manager, SSM, Config, CloudWatch, Lambda, SNS, SQS, IAM, Route 53.
- Experience of production support
- Experience with Cloud Ops and best practices
Base Salary Range: Min: $110,300 - Mid: $143,300 - Max: $176,300 (Location: San Francisco)
Final salary and offer will be determined by the applicant’s background, experience, skills, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
We offer a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and a Retirement / Pension
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.