End User Services Engineer I/II (Collaboration-Messaging & Productivity)
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of PhiladelphiaThe Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is one of the 12 regional Reserve Banks that, together with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up the Federal Reserve System. It helps formulate and implement monetary policy, supervises banks and bank and savings and loan holding companies, and provides financial services to depository institutions and the federal government. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia serves eastern and central Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, and Delaware. You will report into the Philadelphia office, following a hybrid work schedule.
When you join the Federal Reserve—the nation's central bank—you’ll play a key role, collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We dedicate more than $1 billion to technology each year to support the Federal Reserve and our economy, and we’re building a dynamic and diverse team for our future.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we’ll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, on, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
Reporting to the AVP of End User Services: Collaboration-Messaging, you will develop conceptual, logical, and physical IT engineering designs that support the infrastructure requirements of varying levels of technical and business application projects. Complete analysis of technical infrastructure designs and ensure traceability to business requirements. Assess testing requirements, prepare testing strategies, and implementation/transition plans. Provide technical Tier 3 level support to customers.
What You Will Do:
- Perform resolution of complex hardware, environmental software operating systems and subsystems.
- Oversee problem avoidance actions.
- Analyze and revise existing system logic and documentation.
- May authorize risk level changes and recommend solutions to minimize and prevent system interruption.
- Recommend and select new software/hardware.
- Perform change and problem management using standard tools.
- Ensure conformance and compliance with existing system standards.
- Measures performance to ensure operation.
- Lead technical/complex projects using FRIT/System staff and resources. Follow and ensure adherence to technical standards for programming and design techniques.
- Trains System technical staff on use of software/hardware tools following required standards and procedures.
- Monitor compliance with internal audit requirements and Information Security Manual guidelines.
- Comprehensive knowledge about principles in functional area.
- General knowledge of department/services, Reserve Banks, and System operations, policies, procedures and technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written communications skills tailored for the intended audience.
- You are responsible for understanding and applying risk management disciplines.
What You Have:
- Experience with cloud technologies specifically around Microsoft Azure, AWS, AWS Mail Relay, B2B (Business to Business)/External collaboration support knowledge, Security logging/reporting and Microsoft 365, and PaaS, LaaS, and SaaS services.
- Lead major changes and support the Email environment, create new automation scripts. Hands-on experience with PowerAutomate, PowerShell.
- Take new design items from the JIRA Backlog, build requirements and user acceptance, predict, and resolve roadblocks, develop partner communication, test, and deployment plans, create support documentation, and present/cross training team and second level support.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Online.
- Progressive knowledge in functional area.
- Communications: Strong interpersonal, creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written communications skills tailored for a technical audience with the ability to also translate to a non-technical audience.
- Risk Management: You are responsible for understanding and applying risk management discipline.
- Decision-Making: Works under the direction with infrequent checks; follow established methods and clear-cut policy.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Other Requirements: Working Conditions: Will require the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers. Physical Demands:
- Requires some degree of sitting (for prolonged periods of time), standing, lifting carrying, pushing, pulling more than 20 lbs.
- Hours of Work: May require extended work hours.
- Occasional travel including overnight stays may be necessary.
- May be subject to on-call and call back.
- May be exposed to moderate noise from equipment.
The salary grade for this position is: Grade 16.
We offer a great benefits package that features:
Medical (4 options), Prescription, Dental (3 options), and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
401k/Thrift Plan with generous employer match
Employer-funded Pension Plan
Paid Vacation/Sick Time & Holidays
Monthly $100 Commuter Allowance
Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Spending Accounts
Flexible Work Schedule available in most departments
Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
Tuition Reimbursement (undergraduate and graduate)
Free onsite 24/7 Fitness Center including training classes, Peloton bikes and locker room / shower facilities
Onsite Cafeteria & Coffee Shop
Additional Convenience Benefits, Discounts and More…
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our employees is essential to our success as an organization, and we want to recruit, develop and retain the most accomplished people from a diverse candidate pool. To support a workplace culture of belonging, we offer eight employee resource groups (ERGs) and a 100 percent rating on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We have eight employee resource groups (ERGs) to support a diverse workforce. Abilities (supporting disabilities and allies), African Heritage, Asian-Pacific, Freedom (supporting LQBTQ+ and allies), Talent Forward (supporting career growth), Women United, Working Families and Veterans. ERGs are open to all employees.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
All Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia employees must comply with the Bank's ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the Recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics officer if necessary. You should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
Background investigations and drug testing are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Candidates for positions deemed as "safety sensitive" will also be screened for the presence of marijuana. Employment may not begin until the Bank accepts the results of the background investigation.
All employees will be subject to FBI fingerprint / criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are permanent residents must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen when eligible to do so and pursue a path to citizenship. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a permanent resident and a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements. In addition, all candidates must undergo an applicable background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, level of work and the requirements of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
This is a fully remote opportunity
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.