Portfolio Coordination Group Analyst
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of AtlantaThe Federal Banking Agencies (FBAs) jointly conduct the supervision of technology services provided by certain third-party service providers under the authority provided in the Bank Service Company Act (BSCA). The Service Provider Program currently includes third-party service providers that are deemed particularly systemically important (i.e., Significant Service Providers, or SSPs) and the ones that are deemed less so (Regional Service Providers, or RSPs). Oversight of the Federal Reserve’s supervision of SSPs will be conducted by the SSP Management Group (MG).
The SSP portfolio is looking for a highly motivated individual(s) to join the Portfolio Coordination Group (PCG), which supports the SSP MG in carrying out the MG’s governance responsibilities over the Federal Reserve’s SSP portfolio. The PCG coordinates supervisory program execution to ensure portfolio-wide transparency and consistency in a manner aligned with the strategic direction, priorities and plans set forth by the SSP MG. The PCG Analyst will report functionally to the PCG Lead. Administrative reporting will be through the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta or through the candidates’ current Reserve Bank or Board at their discretion.
*This position can be located in Atlanta, GA OR any branch of the Federal Reserve Bank where you can meet the hybrid work requirement.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to carry out following activities:
- Conduct horizontal (second-level) review of key Central Point of Contact’s (CPC’s) work products such as supervisory plans / strategies, exam scopes, conclusion memos, supervisory letters and report of examinations, findings and ratings, following the first-level review by the Responsible Reserve Bank.
- Prepare the SSP MG for vetting of supervisory strategies, significant findings, and ratings.
- Conduct and contribute to cross-entity work (e.g., scenario-developed analysis)
- Identify, develop, and execute horizontal review topics
- Implement SSP program enhancements or policy changes
- Develop quarterly portfolio-level continuous monitoring topics
- Develop portfolio-level analytics packages and dashboards
- Coordinate incident response, threat and vulnerability monitoring
- In coordination with the Reserve Bank Managers and Reserve Bank Partner(s) responsible for overseeing SSP CPCs and SSP cyber resources
- Contribute to OASiS implementation and enhancements
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong knowledge of supervision and the examination process to drive change and manage project risks
- Strong understanding of operational and cyber resilience, third-party risk management and legal and policy mandates in the financial sector that pertain to third-party risk management and cybersecurity risks and industry standards and guidance (i.e., FFIEC IT Handbook and NIST CSF)
- Previous SSP CPC experience and examiner commission a plus
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and data analysis skills
- Ability to combine risk analysis with sound judgement in proposing recommendations
- Ability to engage and influence cross-functional teams and work collaboratively with internal and external teams
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting critical deadlines
- Sound judgment, tact and diplomacy as well as keen political savvy and experience navigating complex third-party risk and cybersecurity issues
- Start Date: there is some flexibility but no later than July 1st
- Work Location: Position will be filled as a full-time hybrid work position
- Full-time / Part-time: Full-time (100 percent commitment)
- Application deadline: two weeks from posting date
- Travel: Occasional travel after travel restrictions are lifted
Posting Eligibility: Posting is also open to current employees of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and Federal Reserve Banks
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation and holidays; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological developments).
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryBank Examination
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.