Technical Team Lead Reference Rates
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of New YorkWorking at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems.
The Bank believes in work flexibility to balance the demands of work and life while also connecting and collaborating with our colleagues in person. Employees can expect to be in the office a couple of days per week as needed for meetings and team collaboration and should live within a commutable distance.
What we do:
Markets Technology, within the bank’s Technology Group (TG), supports the Markets business whose activities include implementing market operations, monitoring and analyzing global financial market developments, providing financial services for international monetary authorities and services to the U.S. Treasury as its fiscal agent, and more. Markets Technology works collaboratively on the design, development, and implementation of short, medium, and long-term solutions to information technology (IT) needs of the Markets Group through new and existing applications.
Your role as the Technical Team Lead Reference Rates: is a multi-faceted role, you will play a pivotal part in leading and supporting the team, providing technical expertise, driving best practices, and ensuring successful delivery. As a hands-on team member and a leader, you will strike a balance between managerial responsibilities, mentoring and software development. Reporting to the Trading Operations Delivery Director, the individual in this role will have people management responsibilities for developers and quality engineers, while collaborating with other technology teams and product owners to deliver exceptional results.
- Technical Leadership: Act as technical leader and subject matter expert, guiding the team's technical decisions, and supporting the squad architect in maintaining architecture, and design choices. Establish frameworks to position developers and testers to succeed by prioritizing automation strategy. Share your knowledge and expertise to enhance the overall skill set of the team.
- Team Management: Lead and manage a team of developers, ensuring their growth and development. Provide guidance, instruction, and support, and contribute to performance reviews and goal-setting initiatives. Foster a collaborative and innovative team environment. Engage in team development, including coaching, training, and mentoring. Contribute to performance appraisals and support the career growth of squad members. Provide input to managerial decisions.
- Product Outcome Delivery: Diligently manage the end-to-end product delivery lifecycle, removing roadblocks for the team and empowering others to deliver by utilizing their core strengths. Drive to achieve product outcomes aligned with business priorities, meeting deadlines and quality standards.
- Technical Assistance: Provide hands-on technical support to squad members, helping to troubleshoot complex issues and providing guidance on best practices. Mentor and coach team members to improve their technical skills and software development expertise.
- Delivery Focus: Work collaboratively with the squad(s) to ensure successful delivery. Contribute to planning, estimation, and resource allocation, leveraging your technical expertise to overcome obstacles and achieve milestones.
- Active Development: Participate as a hands-on developer within the squad, contributing to coding, testing, debugging, and overall software development efforts. Balance your managerial responsibilities with your role as an active contributor to the team's deliverables.
- Best Practice Advocate: Drive the adoption of best practices, coding standards, and development methodologies within the squad. Conduct code reviews, offer constructive feedback, and ensure that the team's output adheres to high-quality standards.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field; advanced degrees or relevant certifications are advantageous.
- Proven experience (10+ years) in leading and managing development/delivery teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of different software development methodologies, with the ability to make informed decisions on methodology selection and define organizational engineering practices.
- Deep technical domain knowledge and experience leading high performing technical teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to inspire and guide the team effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets, resources, and risk assessment to achieve project success.
- Thorough understanding of software development processes, technology trends, and project management principles.
- Experience using Continuous Integration and Deployment tools such as Gitlab/Jenkins, etc.
- Expert ability to apply Design Patterns and Enterprise Integration Patterns accordingly.
- Knowledge and use of Test Driven Development AND Behavior Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
- Experience as a full stack developer leading both front-end and back-end development and having a DevSecOps mindset.
- Required Technologies: Java EE, Spring (Data, MVC, Security, Core, etc.), App/Web server(Tomcat, JBoss/Wildfly, Fuse, WebSphere, etc.), RDBMS(Oracle, MySQL), Apache Camel, Docker and AWS services (IAM, S3, CloudFront, Secrets Manager, EC2, ECS, ALB, RDS, Elasticache, MKS, AmazonMQ).
Salary Range: $182000 - $335400 / year
We believe in transparency at the NY Fed. This salary range reflects a variety of skills and experiences candidates may bring to the job. We pay individuals along this range based on their unique backgrounds. Whether you’re stretching into the job or are a more seasoned candidate, we aim to pay competitively for your contributions.
Our Touchstone Behaviors—Communicate Authentically, Collaborate Inclusively, Drive Progress, Develop Others, and Take Ownership—help shape the culture of the Bank. They also provide a shared language for how we work together and achieve success, and they set clear expectations for leading with impact at every stage of your career with us. Learn more.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
- And more
The New York Fed expects its employees to perform their duties with honesty, integrity, and impartiality, and without improper preferential treatment of any person. Learn more about our code of conduct and conflicts of interest rules.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Please note that the position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship and meet other eligibility requirements.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check, comply with all applicable information handling rules, and will be tested for all controlled substances prohibited by federal law, to include marijuana.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.