Director of Technology Strategy and Planning
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of New YorkWorking at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems.
The Bank believes in work flexibility to balance the demands of work and life while also connecting and collaborating with our colleagues in person. Employees can expect to be in the office a couple of days per week as needed for meetings and team collaboration and should live within a commutable distance.
What we do:
The Technology Strategy & Transformation Office is responsible for leading the strategic direction of technology across the entire Bank through:
- Managing the product and technology portfolio to ensure alignment to the Bank’s key strategic priorities.
- Leading strategic initiatives including technology modernization efforts.
- Collaborating with business and technology teams to drive transformation.
- Providing enterprise agility coaching and leadership to increase operational effectiveness.
- Incorporating user-centricity into the product delivery lifecycle
Your role as Director of Technology Strategy and Planning:
Reporting to the Head of Technology Strategy & Transformation, you will ensure that product and technology investments are aligned to the strategic goals of the Bank. You will work closely with business and technology leadership to facilitate intake of new demand and align capacity to the highest priorities. Providing visibility into the health of the portfolio as measured against key outcomes is critical to success to ensure our investments are achieving the intended business value. Key responsibilities include:
- Serving as the “entry point” for business initiatives and demand into the Technology Group
- Creating business-focused and enterprise-wide technology roadmaps based on the strategic priorities of the Bank and the businesses, working in consultation with Enterprise Architecture
- Running the Bank-wide portfolio prioritization process, working to align technology investment and execution activities with the aforementioned roadmaps.
- Overseeing and maturing portfolio management practices, including demand and resource management.
- Managing and facilitating the quarterly Technology Investment Council that serves as the governance body for technology investments.
- Facilitating the Technology Group’s role in influencing and informing Bank-wide strategy and planning processes, while advancing the Bank’s technology strategy.
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Strongly preferred: Porfolio, Program, or Project Management (e.g. PMP), Agile, Lean, Change Management certifications.
- Strong strategic vision and capacity to develop and support new technology processes and ways of working.
- Ability to develop multi-year technology strategies and roadmaps; preference for experience operating within an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing a large portfolio of IT investments; has excellent financial and organization skills.
- Strong working knowledge of modern and emerging technologies and their potential application to central banking
- Demonstrated experience to develop and maintain relationships, navigate potentially sensitive trade-offs between stakeholder interests, and build coalitions
- Excellent leadership skills and abilities, strategic planning, effecting change, building and leading strong technology teams, and resource management; a track record of success in developing technology leaders and staff.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; highly collaborative working style, strong interpersonal capabilities and relationship building; proven ability to manage diverse client and stakeholder relationships, and to collaborate effectively with customers and colleagues.
- Excellent influence and negotiation skills; ability to facilitate discussions around complex issues and bring them to resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with ability to present ideas in a business and user-friendly language.
- Ability to adapt to continually changing priorities and aggressive project time frames.
Salary Range: $215000 - $353000 / year
We believe in transparency at the NY Fed. This salary range reflects a variety of skills and experiences candidates may bring to the job. We pay individuals along this range based on their unique backgrounds. Whether you’re stretching into the job or are a more seasoned candidate, we aim to pay competitively for your contributions.
Our Touchstone Behaviors—Communicate Authentically, Collaborate Inclusively, Drive Progress, Develop Others, and Take Ownership—help shape the culture of the Bank. They also provide a shared language for how we work together and achieve success, and they set clear expectations for leading with impact at every stage of your career with us. Learn more.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
- And more
The New York Fed expects its employees to perform their duties with honesty, integrity, and impartiality, and without improper preferential treatment of any person. Learn more about our code of conduct and conflicts of interest rules.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.