Junior Contracts Lawyer
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of San FranciscoWe are the San Francisco Fed, public service oriented with a congressionally mandated mission to promote a sound and stable economy to support the lives of all Americans. We are a community-engaged bank, and we are committed to understanding and serving the vibrant, diverse people of the Twelfth District. That means we seek and appreciate new perspectives. We respect people for what they do and for who they are. We build opportunities to learn and grow. When you join the SF Fed, you become part of a team united in its purpose to promote an economy that works for everyone.
The Legal team at the SF Fed has a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Contracts Lawyer (Counsel) to join us! The Legal team brings contemporary thinking and a risk-based approach to solve problems and move our Bank forward. We endeavor to stay on top of what's happening in the world around us because the Bank needs us as thought partners on emerging issues. We are practical to a fault, matching the Bank’s goals with the right legal strategies to achieve them. Are you looking for a mission driven organization where you can contribute positively to the community around you? If so, read on!
We need you! Our ideal candidate has a strong academic background and a JD from a nationally accredited law school, plus two or more years of relevant work experience in a law firm or as in-house counsel. You enjoy taking ownership of your work, are a strong negotiator with experience in commercial contracts and more (i.e., publishing agreements, open-source licensing agreement, and other IT contracts). You are someone who can “meet people where they are” and modulate your approach for partners that have a wide range of understanding of contracts. We value a “teammate” mindset, where people are willing to pitch in wherever needed. You possess humility, integrity, and a sense of humor; you take your work seriously, but not yourself.
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts related to the operations of the Bank, including licensing, cloud, consulting, construction, NDA’s, and other service agreements.
- Support and build positive relationships with the Procurement team and provide them with advice about procurement issues.
- Assist business areas with developing statements of work to support their contracts.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in Legal regarding specific contractual issues such as intellectual property, privacy and employment law.
- Provide first-level support and consultation on day-to-day, routine contracts legal matters.
- Conduct legal research on contracts issues.
- Review and revise policies and procedures, training materials, and similar written guidance.
- May assist with more complex, sensitive legal matters with oversight from more senior attorneys.
- Assist in the representation of the Bank in external disputes or negotiations.
- JD required from an ABA accredited law school.
- Typically requires two or more years of relevant work experience in a law firm or as in-house counsel.
- Admission to the California Bar or ability to register as in-house counsel with the California Bar is also required.
- Willing and able to work in “hybrid” work environment, requiring two or more days in our SF office on average.
- This position requires access to confidential supervisory information, which is limited to “Protected Individuals.” Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens and U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization, and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so or who will sign a declaration of intent to apply for naturalization before they begin employment.
Base Salary Range: $108,700 Mid: $$141,100 Max: $173,600 (Location: San Francisco)
Final salary and offer will be determined by the applicant’s background, experience, skills, internal equity, and alignment with geographic and other market data.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pretax Flexible Spending Account, Paid Family Leave Care, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and an unheard-of Retirement / Pension.
We will assist individuals with disabilities in need of reasonable accommodation to enable them to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the SF Fed, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The SF Fed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryLegal Family
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.