Software Engineer-Cloud Services
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is looking for an experienced Software Engineer Cloud Services for a dynamic team developing and supporting mission critical national applications for the Credit Risk Management business line. In the role of Software Engineer you will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of products and services using Java EE and Cloud technologies. This role requires specialized technical skills in the domain of software engineering and experience in their own discipline with broader capabilities including very strong analytical and problem skills.
- Develop products and services on the latest technologies through contributions in development, enhancements, testing and implementation.
- Innovate and evaluate new technology solutions and functionalities to support future business needs.
- Work on migrating applications from an on-premises location to the cloud service providers.
- Develop, modify, extend code for building cloud infrastructure, and automate using CI/CD pipeline.
- Partners with business and peers in the pursuit of solutions that achieve business goals through an agile software development methodology.
- Perform problem analysis, data analysis, reporting and communication.
- Work with peers across the system to define and implement best practices and standards.
- Assess applications and help determine the appropriate application infrastructure patterns.
- Use best practices and knowledge of internal or external drivers to improve products or services.
- Strong technical skill in software engineering for Java EE /Cloud technologies and proficiency in Agile software development principles.
- Proficiency in the development and deployment of highly distributed, fault-tolerant and resilient Java applications.
- Hands on experience with cloud services including planning, development, migration, and integration of applications and Cloud services.
- Proficiency in implementing cloud-native microservices in AWS cloud environments is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with application modernization approaches including containerization, API’s, and microservices.
- Experience with the implementation of CI/CD pipelines using DevOps and automated testing.
- Experience designing UI focusing on usability, security, and performance.
- Strong database skills including the ability to design the data models.
- Passion for technology and willingness to continuously embrace learning to meet the ever-changing technical landscape and business needs.
- Strong communication skills to communicate complex business and technical concepts with technical and no-technical team members.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze details while concurrently adopting a big picture view.
- One or more cloud certifications (Associated Solution Architect or Developer).
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
This role allows for the employee to work remotely the majority of the time (about 96%). There is no expectation for a fully remote employee to routinely work onsite at the Federal Reserve work location, with only rare instances driven by business need. Specific schedule details will be discussed during the recruitment process. Fully remote employees must reside within the borders of the continental United States.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.