Stationary/Facilities Engineer (Day OR Night Shift)
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of AtlantaStaff members in this position, under minimal supervision, perform general and non-routine building and equipment maintenance duties such as fabricating, installing, adjusting, servicing and/or repairing operating equipment, fixtures and devices (including electrical and plumbing accessories). Fabricates wooden and metal fixtures such as shelving, carts, counters, cabinets, picture frames and other devices to be used in operations. Installs prefabricated walls, shelves, lighting fixtures and work station systems
*This position is for either Day OR Night. Based off your preference.
- Operates and maintains building electrical and mechanical systems equipment, including chillers, pumps, cooling towers, air-handling units, and associated components. Operates automated control systems for the building environmental controls. Installs and maintains office furniture including modular systems furniture.
- Installs and repairs plumbing and electrical circuitry. Installs, adjusts, and performs repairs to mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical equipment, security, surveillance and electronic equipment, tying machines, and shrink wrap equipment.
- Operates and performs general maintenance on the building Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system by inspecting equipment, performing preventive maintenance, and making repairs and adjustments as necessary. Controls and maintains appropriate temperature and humidity levels.
- Paints interior and exterior building surfaces as well as fixtures and equipment, patch and prepare surfaces for painting, and hang wall coverings. Installs and finishes dry wall and ceiling tile as well as floor covering such as carpet tile and vinyl and rubber tile. The incumbent could be required to possess or obtain State or City issued license for operation and/or maintenance of specialized equipment. On an as needed basis will be required to drive bank or personal vehicle in performance of job responsibilities. (Some)
- Operates welding equipment, machine shop, wood working tools and machinery such as lathes, milling machine, drill press, table saw, router and sander. Maintains automated material handling equipment under direction of Senior Facilities Operations Specialists. (Some)
- Cross trains other technicians, performs emergency shut down procedures when necessary and practices Bank safety standards at all times.
- Other general and/or miscellaneous duties/assignments as directed by Bank management.
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate's Degree or 2 years equivalent experience preferred
- Less than two years
Functional Knowledge Preferences
- Building Equipment
- Basic Electrical
- Basic Mechanical C
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Problem Solving
- Communicates Effectively
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation and holidays; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological developments).
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.