Quality Management/Quality Assurance Examiner
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of RichmondWhen you join the Federal Reserve—the nation's central bank—you’ll play a key role, collaborating with a dynamic and diverse team of mission-driven professionals to strengthen and protect our economy and our communities.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we’ll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
About the Opportunity
The Quality Management (QM) team has an immediate opening for an Examiner, reporting to the Quality Management Senior Manager. QM uses periodic monitoring techniques, such as reviews, to verify that established quality standards and processes for the supervision function are being followed and consistently applied within and where applicable, across all business lines. In this role, the QM Examiner will evaluate departmental processes and products to assess effectiveness, quality, efficiency, and opportunities for improvement. The QM Examiner will be assigned to periodically lead reviews as the Lead Examiner. The Lead Examiner will have the requisite knowledge and experience to lead/participate in the review and will be responsible for the overall project management/execution of the review considered.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as part of the Quality Management team through leading or participating on the execution of reviews over the various business lines and functions throughout the Supervision, Regulation and Credit (SRC) department.
- Perform QM work to verify that established quality standards and processes are being followed and consistently applied. This includes conducting meetings with business line leadership and/or other department stakeholders, reviewing submitted materials, and developing well supported supervisory assessments.
- When serving as the Lead Examiner, the team member will execute risk focused reviews through defining a scope, leading a team of QM examiners, reviewing work products, and presenting conclusions and/or findings.
- Conduct continuous testing/monitoring to assess the efficacy of controls.
- Demonstrate well-reasoned judgement in executing reviews and clearly communicate conclusions both verbally and written to business line leadership.
- Document support for examination conclusions in work papers and other QM work products.
- Monitor and document the remediation of issued findings.
- Perform work under limited supervision with extensive autonomy and discretion; planning and arranging short- and long-term work.
- Involvement in the System Quality Assurance Community of Practice and related workgroups.
- Foster relationships with Board staff and QM peers System wide.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the SRC control environment and the various business lines/functions inherent.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field.
- Commissioned examiner experience highly preferred.
- 3-9 years of related experience in Quality Management, Internal/External Audit and/or examinations in a financial services or other relevant specialty.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, with an ability to communicate with all levels of department leadership and Board of Governors staff.
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
- Employees who work at and/or visit another Federal Reserve entity or outside business as part of their job duties are required to comply with any onsite safety and health protocols of those organizations (including, but not limited to, requirements to vaccinate or test, mask, social distance, etc.).
- This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position and sponsorship for a work visa, and subsequently for permanent residence, if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements.
- In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
- Under Conflict-of-Interest guidelines administered by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, examining personnel may not participate on an examination of a financial institution or affiliate if the examiner was employed by the financial institution or affiliate within the past 12 months.
- Please review Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure there are no major issues related to your previous employment and current financial interests (relevant sections are 5.3 and Appendix B, Parts I, II and III). FRB ethics rules generally prohibit employees and their immediate families from owning investments in banks, savings associations, or their holding companies (Section 5.3). Additionally, employees engaged in Supervision and Regulation may be subject to borrowing and deposit restrictions. These employees may need to recuse themselves from certain supervisory work based on:
- Their borrowing relationships (Appendix B Parts I.1, II.1 and II.2)
- If a financial institution employs a member of the employee’s immediate family (i.e. spouse, child, parent, or sibling) (Appendix B Part I.3 and Part II.3)
- If the individual was employed by the financial institution or affiliate within the past 12 months (Appendix B Part I.3 and II.3).
- In certain cases, the recusal may be so extensive it could materially reduce the effectiveness of the prospective employee’s job responsibilities.
- The hiring range of the Examiner - Quality Mgmt - Int is $83,800 – $115,170 annually.
- The hiring range of the Examiner - Quality Mgmt – Sr. is $105,900 – $145,640 annually.
- The hiring range of the Examiner - Quality Mgmt - Adv is $118,900 – $163,460 annually.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryBank Examination
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.