Senior Executive Assistant - People, Strategy & Administration Division
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisThe St Louis Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks serving all or parts of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas with branches in Little Rock, Louisville and Memphis. The St. Louis Fed’s most essential responsibilities include: promoting stable prices and economic growth, fostering a sound financial system, providing payment services to financial institutions, supporting the U.S. Treasury's financial operations, and advancing economic education, community development and fair access to credit.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative and project support to the Executive Vice President (EVP) and General Counsel. Working in a mission driven organization, the Executive Assistant exercises the highest level of discretion and tact in all interactions while providing optimal support to manage multiple priorities, utilizing a strong aptitude for problem solving, and working with secure data and information.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Manages calendars for the officer; uses discretion to schedule appointments to avoid conflicts and ensures that any rescheduling does not have unacceptable implications for other participants; maintains project logs or other tracking systems; uses the appropriate mechanism to follow up with appropriate personnel to ensure deadlines are met.
- Makes often complex travel arrangements for officer(s); may organize off-site meetings and/or conference sessions including planning accommodations, travel, facilities, meals, and audiovisual/electronic equipment, videoconference or teleconference sessions.
- Set up meetings and conference calls with internal and external parties as needed, ensuring that arrangements are optimal for all parties involved
- Will be required to assist in developing PowerPoint or similar presentations; may use spreadsheets and/or database systems to enter information and generate reports, graphs, etc., or to compile information upon request; may prepare status reports.
- Prepares and distributes materials for meetings of Fed System or district task forces and committees; may develop agendas, take and transcribe meeting minutes, distribute documents, and schedule briefings and debriefings as appropriate.
- Operates a personal computer using word processing software to create letters, memos, forms, or other documents; drafts responses for officer’s signature; proofreads and corrects draft correspondence.
- May assist EVP/GC in researching topics or reviewing records.
- Operates all office equipment including copiers, telecommunications equipment, fax machines, etc.
- Develops and maintains sensitive office automated and paper file systems.
- Opens, sorts and sets priorities for incoming mail or work; generates responses to correspondence for officer’s signature with limited oversight, uses judgment to distribute work to the appropriate area or person.
- Screens incoming telephone calls with a high degree of professionalism; determines whether to personally handle call or request, forward to officer, or refer to other appropriate personnel; operates telephone equipment to transfer calls or direct calls to voice mail systems.
- Performs other duties, including special projects, as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of experience in executive level support.
- Considerable experience in:
- Managing and maintaining highly sensitive, confidential information;
- Quickly understanding assigned tasks and drafting correspondence and proofreading and correcting draft correspondence;
- Effectively communicating with all levels of personnel and customers, both orally and in writing and choosing the best mechanism for the communication;
- Time management;
- Working with multiple competing priorities by selecting the highest priority; and
- Microsoft Office and high proficiency in Outlook especially meeting and schedule management.
- Knowledge of organization and Federal Reserve System helpful.
- US Citizenship or lawful permanent resident intending to become a citizen who meets certain other requirements.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible on-site work arrangements
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.