Law Enforcement Officer/Corporal/Sr. Corporal
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of AtlantaAs an employee of the Atlanta Fed, you will help support our mission of promoting the stability and efficiency of the U.S. economy and financial system. Your work will affect the economy of the Southeast, the United States, and the world. The work we do here is important, and how we do it is just as important as what we do. We live our values of integrity, excellence, and respect every day. We do the right thing, we do things right, and we treat people right. A career at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta gives you the chance to do work that touches lives and helps communities prosper.
Under immediate supervision, develops proficiency through formal training and ongoing on the job experience. Performs routine assigned tasks from detailed instructions and established policies and procedures. Performs physical security functions, enforces Federal Reserve policies/regulations, and applicable federal laws to protect Bank staff and assets. Responds to incidents on Bank property and provides emergency services. This position is an essential function of the Bank and may require extended work hours and/or work during emergency or crisis situations.
- Maintains designation required to operate as a law enforcement officer pursuant to the authority given the Board of Governors by Section 11 (q) of the Federal Reserve Act and the Uniform Regulations for Federal Reserve Law Enforcement Officers. Meets minimum requirements of all department standards and training requirements
- Develops, demonstrates and maintains proficiency in all aspects of key responsibilities such as: operating policies, weapons (lethal and non-lethal), physical security equipment, first aid and CPR, firefighting techniques, civil disorders, and public relations. Must exhibit spontaneous sound/reasonable judgment over life safety issues, the discrete handling of detected weapons and/or explosive devices and the proper handling of sensitive information and incidents.
- Performs security and safety related duties. Patrols building/grounds and reports unusual situations or unauthorized individuals, responds to alarm conditions and provides emergency services. Monitors surveillance equipment, intercoms, telephones, radios, and other specialized equipment. Monitors Bank departments for safety or security violations and reports findings to department management. Prepares appropriate shift reports, incidents reports and other required paperwork as necessary.
- Controls pedestrian and vehicle access to the facility through use of screening equipment to detect unauthorized items prior to entry to Bank property. Inspects vehicles entering security sensitive areas for unauthorized personnel or contents. Monitors and authorizes visitors accessing Bank facilities and records visitor data on appropriate logs.
- On an as needed basis may conduct initial investigations into accidents and incidents, make proper notifications, and performs follow up duties as directed by supervisor. Could be needed to testify in court in response to a subpoena regarding accidents or incidents.
- Develops proficiency in use of personal computer (PC) and related software necessary to perform job functions.
- On an as needed basis may participate in special assignments to protect dignitaries of a Reserve Bank or the Board of Governors, this could include escorting visitors, contractors and/or vendors working in high security areas.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Less than 2 years
- Knowledge Area/Technical Skills/Certifications and Licenses:
- Basic Law Enforcement
- Microsoft Applications
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation and holidays; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological developments).
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Job CategoryLaw Enforcement/Protection/Security
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.