Sr Business Systems Analyst I
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisThe St Louis Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks serving all or parts of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas with branches in Little Rock, Louisville and Memphis. The St. Louis Fed’s most critical functions include promoting stable prices and economic growth, fostering a sound financial system, providing payment services to financial institutions, supporting the U.S. Treasury's financial operations, and advancing economic education, community development and fair access to credit. The Bank strives to maintain an engaging and exciting work environment that is both inviting and collegial.
The Treasury Division is looking for a Sr. Business Systems Analyst for our Central Accounting Reporting System/Shared Accounting Module (CARS/SAM) business line. Reporting to a Senior Manager on the Treasury CARS/SAM team, you will support product development and operational activities related to maintaining financial accounting software and the delivery of financial reports for the U.S. Government. This includes complete systems management with a specific focus on requirements, design, analysis, information security, testing, communication, and support. You will work directly with our business contacts, IT teams, the leadership team and sponsors of the project to bring business strategy to life. This role is hybrid, with regular in-office work requirements.
- Help create a comprehensive overview of the system and its functionality, by preparing detailed business and technical documentation to support projects.
- Work in a hybrid capacity to lead meetings with operational staff, users and developers to achieve agreement on requirements.
- Operate with a service-oriented mindset to develop relationships working in a team environment, while contributing to the Bank’s values and culture.
- Analyze complex business processes and present them in an understandable and logical format.
- Develop detailed requirements documentation including user stories, use cases, design specifications, business process and data flows and success criteria.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to multitask, manage time and conflicting priorities.
- Exhibit resourcefulness in proactively identifying and engaging available resources and subject matter experts in related areas to create deliverables.
- Partner with Agile scrum teams to build digital solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience required.
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal, negotiation, and presentation skills for a hybrid workforce.
- Discipline to operate independently and thrive in ambiguity with a generalist mindset.
- Experience conducting requirements analysis, meeting with business owners, performing current state system analysis mapping, and design.
- Curiosity and love solving problems using your creative and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum iterative product development.
- Experience with testing applications including functional, user acceptance, system and integration, accessibility testing.
- Knowledge of database systems, such as SQL and are proficient using Jira, Confluence, Visio and Axure (or similar).
- Candidates with less experience may be considered at a lower pay grade or salary.
- Travel (up to 10%).
Total Rewards: $100,800-$131,100
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities to challenge you and propel your growth—along with many benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
In addition to a great compensation package, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that are all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can find balance:
- Travel (up to 10%).
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education, and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.