Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisThe Bank’s Internal Support, Payments and SASTeC (ISPS) Division is looking for an enthusiastic/driven Systems Engineer to implement our middleware applications running on Microsoft Windows-based platforms and servers. As our Systems Engineer, you will design and program the applications, and work with a team to implement them within a designated project schedule.
As our Systems Engineer, you will report to the Implementation Manager of the Subcommittee on Administrative Services Technology Center (SASTeC) team. You will support Video Surveillance Systems, Physical Access Control Systems, Radio over IP, and Intercom over IP critical to our Cash, Law Enforcement and Facilities Management operations across the Federal Reserve System. Specialized training will be provided for specific security related technologies that you are assigned to support.
- Participate as a lead resource on many complex technology projects.
- Diplomatically guide technical conversations to create clarity, engagement and adapt messaging to different skill levels.
- Analyze and design complex/unique physical security technology solutions.
- Install, upgrade, maintain, configure, and program all related hardware and middleware.
- Monitor and respond to alerts and escalate issues as needed. Provide input to third-party entities for troubleshooting efforts to standardize and to refine processes.
- Resolve, document and communicate solutions for complex issues.
- Develop technical change requests complying with change management policies.
- Train and coach Application End-users.
- Travel (25%) to support project related tasks
Salary: $116,900, to $135,000
- Knowledge of:
- Access control systems, such as Software House C-Cure, Andover Continuum, and Lenel
- Video Systems, such as Genetec, Qognify, Indigo Vision & Lenel
- Radio Systems, such as Motorola Wave, MotoTRBO Handhelds and repeaters
- Intercom Systems, such as Zenitel Vingtor-Stentofon
- Software and licensing familiarity
- Database systems.
- Scripting languages.
- Work aids, such as blueprints, schematics, wiring, topology, and rack elevation diagrams.
- Physical Security equipment and hardware such as: Cameras, Digital Video Recorders, Network Video Recorders, Intercom Units, Physical Access Hardware Controllers and related End Points.
- Bachelor’s degree in the IT field or commensurate experience working with physical security systems
- 5 + years of Physical Security experience
- Proficient in Microsoft operating system; group policies, file/share permissions, DNS, and DHCP
- Proficient in networking and infrastructure components, such as switches, firewalls, servers, and storage.
- All Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including receiving a COVID-19 booster when eligible, unless the Bank grants an accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Pension plan, 401K, Comprehensive Insurance Plans, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Onsite Wellness & Fitness Center, Backup Dependent Care (Child & Adult), and more
Ranked as a Top Workplace, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’ diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.