Associate Solutions Engineer, IT
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisWhen you join the Federal Reserve—the nation's central bank—you'll play a key role, collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We dedicate more than $1 billion to technology each year to support the Federal Reserve and our economy, and we're building a dynamic and diverse team for our future.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis is adding to our IT staff. This is a great opportunity to begin a career with an organization focused on promoting a healthy regional and national economy. As a solutions/software engineer, you will directly contribute to the trust and confidence in the nation's financial system through challenging work assignments and rewarding professional experiences. We focus on personal development and reward performance with new challenging assignments and promotional opportunities.
- Apply the principles of software engineering to the design, implementation, configuration, and optimization of solutions to support applications, databases, and test automation tools.
- Follow software engineering principles, patterns, and development guidelines.
- Analyze business and technical requirements and implement software solutions
- Provide DevOps and infrastructure support (AWS or Azure) for applications following business needs.
- Develop infrastructure and application CICD pipelines
- Partner with customers in the development of solutions that achieve organizational goals.
- 1+ year of experience, inclusive of experience as an intern.
- Bachelor's degree specializing in Computer Science, MIS, or a closely related field, from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of directly related education and/or experience.
- Experience with software development methodologies, standards, and frameworks.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience with Cloud (AWS/Azure/Google) is nice to have.
- Experience with Databases is nice to have.
- Perform most work with general guidance and direction.
- US Citizen or lawful permanent resident with three or more years of US residency
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: $65,000 - $72,000
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.