Quantitative Specialist / Sr. Quantitative Specialist
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of AtlantaPerforms descriptive and diagnostic analytics that explore data, culminating in predictive or prescriptive analytics. Model complex problems by discovering insights and identifying opportunities using statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. Facilitates obtaining data from a variety of different sources, in the right formats, assuring that it adheres to data quality standards, as well as resolving any information flow and content issues. Proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets. Consults and advises on best practices for data manipulation. Develops or assists in the development of internal MIS, tools, and supervisory technologies (SupTech) to support risk identification and monitoring, and enhancing examination processes.
Creates visualizations to facilitate information sharing. Also, works closely with clients and IT teams to turn data into critical information that can be used to make sound business decisions. Contributes to building perspectives on industry modeling approaches for a variety of business problems. Serves as an internal consultant to examination staff, Department officers, and Reserve Bank management and assists in the execution of Bank supervision and regulatory policy. Under general supervision, leads and participates in on- and off-site reviews of the development, use and validation of models, related quantitative risk management practices and governance at bank holding companies (BHCs) and presents findings to those companies and Federal Reserve management.
*This position has multiple levels: Quantitative Specialist and Senior Quantitative Specialist depending on your experience.
- Conducts complex data analysis and modeling using statistical, econometric, or AI/ML techniques to meet business needs.
- Develops SupTech, analytics, and MIS with transparent documentation supporting the development and uses of the tools in line with internal policies and procedures. In addition, appropriately tests, maintains and monitors the tool or develop a plan for these responsibilities to be covered. May also review other internally developed tools for quality assurance purposes.
- Understands key business drivers and advises on best ways to manipulate data to provide insights and outcomes. Identifies available and relevant data, including internal and external data sources, leveraging new data collection processes and channels.
- Works with stakeholders and analysts to identify business requirements and expected outcomes. Works iteratively with customers, validating findings along the way and seeking and responding to feedback.
- Creates visualization to help end-users understand and use results of analysis/models/tools.
- Serves as a resource in quantitative analytics for Bank, department management, and senior staff. Maintains proficiency in advanced statistical/analytical methods and methodologies; and monitors white papers, industry developments and other key knowledge sources.
- Assists in the review of model risks and model risk management frameworks at large banks and BHCs to determine compliance with supervisory expectations; review and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of advanced risk management systems and quantification methodologies used to measure, report, mitigate and control risks, including the assessment of formal and informal risk models; review and evaluate the effectiveness of management, policies and procedures, risk exposure reporting, internal controls, and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Prepares clear and concise written summaries, workpapers, supervisory documents, as well as, coordinates and leads meetings with senior bank management regarding the BHC’s modeling processes to better understand, assess, and provide feedback on specific issues that require remediation.
- Bachelor's Degree; Master's Degree preferred
- 0 – 5 years
Functional Knowledge Preferences
- Quantitative skills, advanced degrees in STEM fields and knowledge of statistical/econometric/AI/ML methods for developing models and tools
- Project Management Skills
- Familiarity with banking and supervision domain, particularly core areas such as capital, asset quality, earnings, and liquidity preferred
- Familiarity with indicators and measures of macroeconomic conditions preferred
- Proficient with at least one widely used statistical or mathematical programming language (such as R or Python etc.)
- Experience with visualization software such as Tableau or PowerBI preferred
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Problem Solving
- Communicates Effectively
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation and holidays; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological developments).
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.