Customer Service Representative (Case Examination)
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of MinneapolisJob Description Summary
Are you looking for a position that allows you to grow professionally in a customer service environment?
The Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis’ Treasury Services Department supports U.S. Treasury retail financial products, such as United States Savings Bonds. Our operations area serves the general public, examines documents, and works with a variety of computer applications.
• No nights
• No weekends
• Options to work onsite or a hybrid of onsite and remote, once training is complete
- Review/examine/interpret forms, legal evidence, savings bonds, and other information to ensure accuracy and completion of processes and transaction details for compliance with Treasury regulations and internal procedures.
- Aim to exceed established metrics for accuracy, timeliness, and completeness.
- Establish and maintain customer records. Maintain accurate records and documents. Utilize multiple software applications to retrieve and relay relevant customer information
- Apply the appropriate department policies, controls and FRS guidelines. Interpret guidelines and regulations, and recommend changes to procedures and processes
- Respond to incoming customer phone calls and interacts with customers via telephone or in writing to provide support and assist with general and specific customer inquiries, understanding of policies and procedures, and issues related to products and services supported by the Treasury department
- Provide support to other staff as appropriate or needed
- Associate’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer service, operations and/or related area, or equivalent post-secondary education and/or experience.
- Proficient computer skills including, but not limited to data entry, and ability to navigate within multiple applications concurrently. Experience with Microsoft Office applications, Internet and web-based applications, e-mail systems, etc.
- Strong skills in some or all the following areas: customer service, problem solving, adaptability and flexibility, attention to detail, interpersonal, verbal, and written communications including active listening, and time management.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident alien with at least three years of legal residency.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) match, and a fully-funded pension plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual educational assistance
- On-site fitness facility
- Professional development programs, training, and conferences
- And more…
The Minneapolis Fed is committed to developing a diverse workforce and providing an inclusive environment where all employees are respected and valued. We believe that we can foster development opportunities for all and reach our full potential by recognizing the unique experiences and identities of each of our colleagues. From economists to cash specialists, we work together to represent you in our economy.
*This position qualifies for a hybrid working arrangement with up to two days of remote work each week.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Job CategoryCustomer Service
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.