Facilities Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisWe are looking for a Facilities Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager to be a member of the Facilities team that oversees maintenance and construction services for offices located throughout The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis’ district. As our Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager, reporting to a manager, you will develop engineering solutions, cost and schedule estimates, preliminary designs and construction feasibility analysis associated with initial development and budgeting of facilities projects. Upon project authorization, you also will: oversee detailed design, drawing preparation, prepare specifications for equipment and construction contracts; finalize cost and schedule estimates and lead in the planning and coordination of projects; and, provide technical assistance to other groups and overall project management as assigned.
- Work with Bank leadership, Facilities team members and other Bank partners to ensure seamless project integration and construction.
- Oversee overall project performance; monitor and control of project activities through daily interaction with contractors and consultants to ensure quality standards are met and the project is delivered on time and within budget, while meeting all project specifications.
- Engineer will render technical advisory and consulting expertise on projects and tasks along with leading/managing some projects within the department. Reviewing of contract drawings, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Oversee contracting process, selection of design consultants, vendors and construction contractors for each project.
- Coordinate with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings.
- Oversee commissioning process of all District heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC).
- Provide technical evaluation of ongoing maintenance and engineering operations to insure efficiency and continuity, to include evaluation of analytics and identification of issues from control systems.
- Provide an ongoing evaluation of all existing District Mechanical Systems and backup systems, to include coordination of preventive maintenance through in-house or contract services to insure continuity and maximum effectiveness.
- Access Bank building automation systems to identify trends, create reports and insure that all systems are operating at maximum effectiveness and continuity. Provide written and electronic data to support energy usage messaging within the District.
- Achieve operational goals by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identify trends and determine system improvements.
- Develop design guidelines and standard operating procedures for HVAC/plumbing related equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or commensurate experience
- 5 years relevant experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- PMP Certification or ability to obtain PMP
- Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience in commercial building HVAC, plumbing, piping and mechanical system design preferred.
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE, International Mechanical Code (IMC) and International Energy Conservation Code (IECC).
- Experience with building automation systems, preferred
- Operate in a faced paced environment with tight completion time frames.
- Comfortable making difficult decisions and able to apply sound fiscal policy with both internal and external partners.
- Familiarity with work scheduling techniques, tools, and software.
- Work extended hours based on project assignments.
- Work several tasks concurrently, team leadership and thoughtfully influence at all level of the organization.
- Technical knowledge and ability to read construction drawings and specifications
- Travel (15%)
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: $130,000 - $140,000 - (Potential Sign-on Bonus)
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
Generous paid time off
Flexible on-site work arrangements
Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
Top-notch health care benefits
Child and family care leave
Professional development opportunities
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryProject Management Family
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.