Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisOur Internal Audit team performs high quality audits and risk assurance work, over IT infrastructure, applications, and processes. Our work spans the district and includes audits of functional areas as well as ongoing monitoring and review of significant programs and projects. We perform risk assessments, along with developing, and executing testing of the effectiveness of controls, communicating results with various levels of management, and monitoring remediation plans to verify controls are strengthened.
We are looking for an Audit Lead to bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to effective risk management, control, and governance processes. You will report to a manager and have a working knowledge of the audit standards, procedures, and Bank processes. You will perform or lead system and district audits, including operational, financial, information technology, compliance, and project audits. Assigned as a relationship manager, you’ll become the subject matter expert on their operations.
As a part of the Internal Audit team at the Federal Reserve of St. Louis, you will have many opportunities to attend training to allow you to learn about innovations and provide much of the continuing education credits needed to retain your certifications, all free of charge.
- Lead and execute high-quality, timely independent and objective audit services of complex controls while building and maintaining strong relationships with assigned business areas.
- Develop an engagement plan and gather relevant information, identify and document controls.
- Develop and execute test programs; identify, and report deficiencies and recommendations.
- Perform follow-up confirmation of deficiency remediation.
- Understand complex department operations to deliver risk-based audit assessments and the development of corresponding plans and procedures.
- Work with all levels of management and communicate audit results.
- Be a relationship manager to assigned business area(s), providing ongoing advisory services.
- Use technology, automated audit tools, and data analytics to provide insightful perspectives and deliver audit services in an efficient manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in relevant areas like Information Security, IT, Project Management, Treasury or Risk Management
- 5 - 7 years of audit or relevant experience; including preparing and reviewing work papers, summary memos and reports using data visualization to inform insights
- A CISA, CISSP, PMP or CISM certification is preferred
- Experience related to cloud controls and environments (e.g., Amazon Web Services, etc.) including understanding of ‘as a Service’ offerings, CI/CD pipelines and cloud infrastructure.
- Knowledge of the IIA International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Knowledge of IT General Controls and audit methodologies for platforms, processes, systems, and controls as well as security frameworks like NIST and FISMA. Ability to apply IT Security Best Practices knowledge to audit work.
- Candidates with less experience may be considered at a lower job grade or salary.
- This is a hybrid role with a combination of remote and on-site work
- US Citizen or lawful permanent resident with three or more years of US residency
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: 103,000 – 127,000
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryAudit Family
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.