Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisAs our HVAC Specialist, you will perform installation, inspection, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair work on several HVAC equipment and devices. You will report to the Assistant Manager in Facilities Operations.
- Perform installation, inspection, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair work on the Bank’s air conditioning, electrical, refrigeration, heating, and ventilation systems.
- Operate all central plant machinery and equipment.
- Develop maintenance plans to help eliminate equipment failures and increase reliability.
- Install, inspect, and maintain air, gas, water, sewer, steam, and condensate systems.
- Operate and maintain electrical, gas fired, and mechanical equipment required for the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.
- Interpret and implement specifications, blueprints, technical manuals, and data to ensure operation of systems.
- Program, operate and maintain the computer equipment and applications to monitor Bank facilities for proper electric, humidity, temperature, ventilation, lighting, and fire protection.
- Inspect, maintain, and repair piping, pumps, VFD’s, AHU’s, VAV’s, refrigeration equipment, life/safety, and associated mechanical equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment systems and power tools. Retain preventive maintenance records through the CMMS.
- Operate power equipment and hand tools required of the job (including saws, drills, sanders, power lifts, several meters, ladders, and scaffolds).
- Communicate with engineers on construction projects and oversee outside contractors to support HVAC equipment.
- Maintain the building automation system.
- Ensure all work is performed observing building codes and safety regulations.
- Train less experienced maintenance staff in HVAC maintenance.
- Maintain 5S workplace organization protocols.
- Associate degree in HVAC Technology
- Universal EPA Certification required.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of large, commercial chiller plant systems.
- Experience with building codes and OSHA standards.
- 5+ years’ experience with building systems as a Journeyman HVAC Technician.
- Must perform daily responsibilities with a safety-first mindset.
- Provide exceptional customer service for members.
- The ability to support a on-call rotation and assist with emergencies outside of normal business hours.
- Will bend, stand, climb, crawl, and lift 50 pounds. Work is frequently performed on ladders or in awkward positions.
- Enjoys being creative in adapting skills and building solutions.
- Individual will work in a team environment and on independent assignments.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Travel (5%)
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities to challenge you and propel your growth—along with multiple benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: $90,000 - $97,000 - (Potential Sign-on Bonus)
In addition to a great compensation package, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible schedule where you can find balance.
- Free onsite parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition and Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match and Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Job CategoryBuilding Services/Facilities
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.