Sr. Facilities Operations Specialist-Building Automation Specialty
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of AtlantaAs an employee of the Atlanta Fed, you will help support our mission of promoting the stability and efficiency of the U.S. economy and financial system. Your work will affect the economy of the Southeast, the United States, and the world. The work we do here is important, and how we do it is just as important as what we do. We live our values of integrity, excellence, and respect every day. We do the right thing, we do things right, and we treat people right. A career at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta gives you the chance to do work that touches lives and helps communities prosper.
This requisition is not an actual job vacancy. This requisition serves to establish a pipeline of interested individuals for current opportunities at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Operates and maintains building electrical and mechanical systems equipment, including chillers, pumps, cooling towers, air-handling units, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) and emergency generators. Maintains and operates automated control systems for the building environmental, lighting, and emergency power systems.
- Fabricates, installs, and programs DDC control panels/devices according to engineered drawings and sequences. Integrates and configures new DDC controllers into the Bank's Tridium Niagara building automation system (BAS). Creates graphics and configures trends, alarms, data tags, etc. within the Niagara system. Installs and programs lighting control devices in the Bank's Lutron lighting control system.
- Maintains and troubleshoots BAS hardware and software. Performs preventative maintenance tasks on BAS components including sensor calibration, terminal block torquing, and device verification.
- Operates, troubleshoots, and maintains hydraulic systems, including compactors and access control gates and bollards.
- Installs and maintains security, surveillance and other electronic equipment throughout the facility.
- Assist in the fabrication wooden and metal fixtures such as shelving, carts, counters, cabinets, and other devices to be used in operations. Assists in the installation of fabricated walls, shelving, office work stations and modular furniture systems. Operate welding equipment, machine shop and wood working tools, and machinery such as lathes, milling machine, drill press, table saw, router and sander. (Some)
- Cross trains other technicians in areas where skills and expertise are superior. Prepares and executes planned and emergency shut down procedures when necessary, and practices Bank's safety standards at all times. Operates and performs general maintenance on facilities' Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system including the Building Management System (BMS) by performing such duties as inspecting, adjusting, repairing, programming and making adjustments as necessary. Controls and maintains the appropriate temperature and humidity levels within the facility
- Solves equipment and operational problems requiring specialized training, skills or knowledge. Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity. Performs analysis on mechanical and electrical equipment using predictive maintenance equipment, such as infrared thermography, to forecast and minimize break downs and emergency repairs. Uses specialized equipment to test and balance air and water flow in HVAC equipment throughout the building. Operates, repairs and troubleshoots automated vault equipment. Will be required to drive bank or personal vehicle in performance of job responsibilities. (Some)
- Supervises the work of subordinates and/or contractors/vendors, to ensure work is completed according to Bank standards and applicable codes. Provides technical guidance on more complex issues. (Some)
- Installs and tests data cable and telephone communication lines within Bank building from source to end user locations.
- Supports the Bank's Building Technology team with software and hardware upgrades, certificate and license management, and audit tasks related to the building automation systems.
Associate's Degree or 2 years equivalent experience preferred.
Experience for Sr. Facilities Operations Specialist:
2-5 years experience.
Building automation communication protocols, such as BACnet and MODBUS
Basic Electrical/Basic Mechanical
- Proficient Electrical
- Proficient Mechanical
- DDC Programming
- Low voltage wiring
- Proficient in Excel
Certifications and Licenses (preferred)
- Technical degree in building automation technology
- Tridium Niagara Technical Certification
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation and holidays; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological developments).
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.