Bank Examiner / Risk Specialist - Consumer Affairs
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Examiner. You will be on a team that is comprised of commissioned examiners (Examiner I and Examiner II). You will work with members of the entire Consumer Affairs team as required to meet the mandated examination schedules. You will lead examination teams as an Examiner-in-Charge and help develop less experienced examiners.
- Provide enhanced leadership of supervisory activities of complex and non-complex institutions and participates in and often leads significant areas of financial institution reviews, with little or no oversight.
- Proactively identify and analyze risks through supervision and monitoring activities, to ensure institutions are operating in a safe and sound manner and complying with applicable laws and regulations.
- Conduct meetings with institution management and board of directors, as well as Reserve Bank management and Board of Governors staff.
- Coordinate with other regulatory agencies.
- Prepare written reports of findings and analyze compliance with supervisory actions where applicable.
- Bachelors degree in business related discipline
- 3-5 years in banking or banking regulatory agency, commissioned examiner preferred
- Able to work in Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to provide constructive performance feedback and direction to staff
- Able to develop in-depth or possess in-depth expertise in one or more consumer compliance risk areas.
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
This role allows for the employee to work in a hybrid manner with some work conducted onsite at the Federal Reserve work location and some work conducted remotely. Specific schedule details will be discussed during the recruitment process.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.