Digital Software Engineering IT Intern
Ecolab is seeking a Digital Software Engineering IT Intern on our Commercial Digital Solutions team to work on mission critical enterprise applications in a distributed environment, having significant infrastructure and integration components. These software applications are focused on delivering value to our customers through digital technologies. You’ll work side-by-side with industry recognized leaders in the areas of water safety and conservation, expected to innovate quickly and apply novel, data driven solutions to real-world challenges.
It’s time your talents took off – join our early career program and challenge yourself to create innovative digital solutions for real-world problems!
What’s in it For You:
- 10–12-week paid summer internship for you to grow both professionally and personally
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
- Apply what you learn in the classroom to meaningful projects that have genuine business impact
- Grow your professional network through one-on-one meetings with Ecolab leaders, professional development workshops, and peer get togethers
- Finish your internship with a realistic job preview of what a “day in the life” of an Ecolab associate looks like
- Be considered for a full-time job offer (to start upon graduation) at the end of a successful internship with us.
What You Will Do:
- Synthesize business requirements and translate them to appropriate technology solutions
- Provide architectural and technical guidance for product development and database design
- Develop and execute software engineering plans as well as manage software engineering schedules and resource allocations. This includes managing joint development with 3rd party vendors and managing outsourced development.
- Utilize software engineering processes, practices and operations to ensure reproducible, high-quality, development
- Engage in hands-on, in-depth analysis, review and design of the software, including technical review and analysis of source code
- Think strategically and balance short-term needs with longer-term business priorities
- Positions located in Saint Paul, MN, Eagan, MN, or Naperville, IL
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field
- Expected graduation date of December 2024 or May/June 2025
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: C#, SQL, HTML5, Java Script, ASP.NET, and MVC
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the US without any sponsorship, now and anytime in the future
- Ability to work with business, engineering and R&D teams to translate needs to Application Development teams.
- Experience with one or more of the following operating systems: Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, iOS, or Android
- Effective oral communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team while handling multiple tasks or projects.
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Click here to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
Due to local mandates and customer requirements, applicants for certain customer-facing positions must be fully vaccinated (which in some situations requires a booster if eligible), unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolab will provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with our application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require accommodation assistance in this application process, please call Ecolab Recruiting Support at (866) 841-6682 for assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.