Research and Development Engineering Intern
Ecolab is searching for engineering students to join our Research, Development & Engineering (RDE) team. Engineering interns in RDE support all business units of a globally diversified technology/service company, creating a dynamic, challenging, and varying work environment. This position will entail a variety of Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical engineering work with a focus on either new product/application development or process engineering. You will participate and support all stages of the product development process and application commercialization, from initial product idea generation and brainstorming to final manufacturing process and post-launch support.
What’s in it For You:
- 12-week paid summer internship for you to grow both professionally and personally
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
- Apply what you learn in the classroom to meaningful projects that have genuine business impact
- Grow your professional network through one-on-one meetings with Ecolab leaders, professional development workshops, and peer get togethers
- Finish your internship with a realistic job preview of what a “day in the life” of an Ecolab associate looks like
- Be considered for a full-time job offer (to start upon graduation) at the end of a successful internship with us.
- With our worldwide reach and ambitious growth plans, you will have the opportunity to own your future and impact what matters. Are you ready to make an impact?
What You Will Do:
- Perform research, design, and test, for product improvement and development of new and launched products, chemical dispensing systems and/or control systems
- Test, evaluate and analyze formulations and/or systems to determine or prove performance and reliability
- Identify and evaluate technologies to advance the performance and reliability of existing and new products
- Ensure compliance with design criteria and standards
- Chemical Engineers: Design experiments to understand dynamics of chemical processes and formulations.
- Mechanical Engineers: Participate in the design and development of new chemical dispensers and control systems
- Electrical Engineers: Participate in the design and development of new embedded circuit board designs.
- Pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar with an expected graduation date of December 2024 or May/June 2025
- Must be authorized to work in the US, without any sponsorship, now and anytime in the future
- Demonstrated project leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective oral communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Experience developing test procedures and methods, and execution of tests
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Sound academic training
- Eagan, MN
- Relocation assistance is available for those meeting requirements
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Click here to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
Due to local mandates and customer requirements, applicants for certain customer-facing positions must be fully vaccinated (which in some situations requires a booster if eligible), unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolab will provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with our application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require accommodation assistance in this application process, please call Ecolab Recruiting Support at (866) 841-6682 for assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.