Engineering Technical Sales Internship
Ecolab is seeking Technical Sales Interns to partner with experienced Sales Representatives to learn our approach to account management, customer service, and how technical expertise is used to solve problems for customers and develop business within an essential industrial business. These industrial businesses could include the opportunity to work inside a paper mill, oil refinery, data center, food & beverage manufacturing facility, power plant, commercial business (hotels, hospitals, etc) and many other environments.
This internship will help identify and propose solutions to preserve energy and water, minimize our customers’ environmental footprint and increase productivity overall. You will learn how to take a consultative sales approach with a primary emphasis on strong account leadership skills and retention of strategic accounts. You will also learn how to build long-term relationships with a large customer base by understanding their key business drivers, executing system assurance programs, and offering new technologies.
What’s in it For You:
- 12-week paid summer internship for you to grow both professionally and personally
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
- Apply what you learn in the classroom to meaningful projects that have genuine business impact
- Grow your professional network through one-on-one meetings with Ecolab leaders, professional development workshops, and peer get togethers
- Finish your internship with a realistic job preview of what a “day in the life” of an Ecolab associate looks like
- Be considered for a full-time job offer (to start upon graduation) at the end of a successful internship with us.
What You Will Do:
- Complete an independent project under primary trainer’s direction to yield calculated ROI
- Complete safety training & technical lessons that serve as an introduction to water treatment applications
- Observe and participate in service as it is provided to customers to assure accurate chemical application, process optimization and documentation
- Complete introductory training of the consultative sales approach
- Visit multiple customer sites (commercial institutions, food/beverage/brewing manufacturing, paper mills, mining facilities, refineries, etc.) across the region (40-60% of training time spent in field) to learn best practices and types of unit applications and treatment approaches
- Build key relationships and interaction with departments and personnel that will be critical to success in the field
- Work within various regional sales districts and customer locations to build specific technical knowledge and gain sales experience while helping customers achieve their sustainability goals.
- Provide routine service support to Sales Representative. May be subject to testing including Boilers, Cooling towers, Closed loops, R.O. and filtration.
- Nationwide locations available in urban, suburban, and rural environments (dependent on specific industry)
- Relocation assistance is available for those meeting requirements
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial) or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) graduating in December 2024 or Summer 2025
- Position requires a current and valid Driver’s License with an acceptable motor vehicle record
- Willingness & ability to work off hours, including nights & weekends
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to learn water treatment chemical applications and automation
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Willingness and ability to work in commercial and manufacturing environments
High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn internal business systems)
Annual or Hourly Compensation Range:
$25.00/ hour. This position pays an hourly rate and is eligible for overtime.
Annual or Hourly Compensation Range is based on full-time 40 hours per week. Ecolab in good faith anticipates it will pay within the posted range. Many factors are taken into consideration when determining the compensation for a potential new employee such as education, training, experience, work location, travel (if required), etc.
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Click here to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
Due to local mandates and customer requirements, applicants for certain customer-facing positions must be fully vaccinated (which in some situations requires a booster if eligible), unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolab will provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with our application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require accommodation assistance in this application process, please call Ecolab Recruiting Support at (866) 841-6682 for assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.