IT Specialist Intern
We are: Accelerators of innovation. Enablers of collaboration. Protectors of ideas.
Code42 speeds the time to detect and respond to Insider Risks by delivering a fast, simple path to data loss detection, investigation and response. With our product, Incydr™, security teams easily protect corporate data and reduce insider risk while fostering a collaborative and productive culture for employees. We’re here to support organizations made up of people that move fast and think big. The ones who work together to solve hard problems and relentlessly pursue better.
You belong at Code42 if you crave being a part of a transparent and team-first culture, you want to drive innovation, and security is always top of mind. We look for authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, and provide diverse insights to help us think differently and thrive together.
Interested? Head to code42.com/careers to learn more about why we’ve consistently been recognized for the quality of our product and the culture of our company. Don’t wait. #BeCode42
The IT Specialist Intern is part of our internal help desk and support areas. They are the employee-facing identity of Code42 and are always helpful, knowledgeable, and experts in their area. They help set up new employees so their first day experience with Code42 is positive and provide ongoing support to employees, ensuring they are productive and engaged in their roles. They also help train and develop our employees around new applications and tools, plus they are the go-to people to fix things when our employees have an issue or are stuck.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Managing Help Desk tickets
- Following the On-Boarding and Off-Boarding process for employees
- Administering access requests to various systems
- Asset/endpoint lifecycle management (including participation in Physical Inventory Project)
- Supporting the Apple Mac platform (90%) with some Microsoft Windows laptops (10%) using Jamf and Intune
- Audio Visual and conference system support
- Documentation of internal processes and procedures to improve efficiency and maintain compliance of Code42 standards and policies
- Monitoring and managing our employee access & compliance for the various software platforms that Code42 utilizes within the workplace.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Pursuing an associate’s or bachelor’s degree at time of internship
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software applications on MacOS (primarily), Windows, and mobile devices in an enterprise environment
- Excellent customer service track record - We are extremely focused on customer service at Code42
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to think calmly and rationally under pressure with minimal supervision in an ever-changing environment
- Patience and warm personality while working with co-workers and staff
- An enthusiasm and aptitude for learning
- Ability to work full time (40 hours a week) from May 28th - August 16th (expected dates)
- Ability to work hybrid (in office 2 days a week)
Additional qualifications that can set you apart include:
- Natural aptitude for technology
- Experience helping friends and family with their computer issues
- Side technology projects for the purpose of learning
- Understanding of Google Workspace (Google Docs, Slides, Sheet and Google Drive)
- Understanding of ticketing or internal wiki products
- Genuine interest in investigating and solving complex issues
- Critical thinking skills
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional development and personal development all while learning and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include; health, dental, vision, and wellness, 401k + employer match, parental leave, pet insurance, generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in commission or bonus plans and all employees receive stock options. We win together.
Code42 values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer