Lead Security Engineer
Ready to further your career in the fast-paced, exciting world of cyber security?
Arctic Wolf, with its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. We have won countless awards for our excellence in security operations and remain dedicated to providing an industry-leading customer and employee experience.
Our mission is simple: End Cyber Risk. We’re looking for a Lead Security Engineer to be part of making this happen.
About the Role:
The Lead Security Engineer role is responsible for the design and validation of security constructs and solutions within Arctic Wolf, that apply internally across our organization. You will be intimately involved in the continued evolution of our internal security capabilities to reduce security risk and increase resilience. We want you to show us what’s possible, and how to get there.
If you have an impressive command of technical complexity, a strong background in designing security systems, and an ability to communicate across disciplines, this may be the role for you.
The role reports to the Vice President of Information Security and is part of our team dedicated to the security of Arctic Wolf itself.
You will work closely with other pack members in Information Security, Information Technology, and Research & Development.
- Work with business and technical teams to design, validate and specify security solutions to provide controls safeguarding the internal Arctic Wolf environment.
- Provide subject matter expertise in assessing the security of architectures and designs created by others in a design review capacity.
- Ensure that solutions balance tactical and strategic goals whilst meeting project financial and time constraints.
- Contribute to growth of the security architecture practice and enterprise security architecture standards.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of the technology application and infrastructure roadmaps to maintain platforms that meet business objectives.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and negotiation skills required to clearly articulate and explain the proposed solution to senior stakeholders.
- Contribute to the evolution of Arctic Wolf’s Business Continuity Program through the analysis of impact to systems and services.
- Work closely with vendors for outsourced solutions. Review vendor solutions and recommendations.
- Contribute to a world-class security program that supports Arctic Wolf’s tremendous growth.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience planning, designing and validating security architectures.
- Demonstrate knowledge in networking and infrastructure design and software development practices.
- Strong familiarity with cloud infrastructures, with certification in Amazon Web Services (AWS) considered a strong plus.
- Have in depth understanding of technology solutions, including cloud, containerization, and APIs
- Experience in the design and development of resilient systems in change-rich environments.
- Contribute to the production and maintenance of architecture artifacts in relation to SIEM, Identity and Access Management, Public Cloud, Data protection, Threat management and Application/Network/Endpoint/Infrastructure security.
- Foundation in, and in-depth technical knowledge of, security engineering, computer and network security, authentication, security protocols, and applied cryptography
- Subject matter expert contributing to security Architecture reviews.
- Well versed in network architecture and best practices.
- Strong project management skills to ensure accountability and results.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, especially translating between business and technical terminology.
- Working knowledge of administering Web Application Firewalls, SAST & DAST technologies
- Ability to work under pressure across multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of industry adopted frameworks and methodologies (MITRE ATT&CK, CIS, NIST, ISO 27002:2013, PCI-DSS, etc.)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical field; or equivalent experience.
About Arctic Wolf:
At Arctic Wolf we’re cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and ideas to make our teams even stronger as we grow globally. We’ve been named one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world for 2022 (Fast Company)—and the 2nd Most Innovative Security Company. This is in addition to consecutive awards from Top Workplace USA (2021, 2022), Best Places to Work - USA (2021, 2022) and Great Place to Work - Canada (2021, 2022).
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities and unique perspectives all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and seeking to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
We celebrate unique perspectives by creating a platform for all voices to be heard through our Pack Unity program. We encourage all employees to join or create a new alliance. See more about our Pack Unity here.
We also believe and practice corporate responsibility, and have recently joined the Pledge 1% Movement, ensuring that we continue to give back to our community. We know that through our mission to End Cyber Risk we will continue to engage and give back to our communities.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Bonus or commission pay based on role
- Flexible time off, paid volunteer days and paid parental leave
- 401k match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Agreement
- Voluntary Legal Insurance
- Training and career development programs
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information (in accordance with our employee handbook and corporate policies).
- Background checks are required for this position.
Come join the Pack during this exciting time of rapid growth where every employee makes a difference and their contributions are recognized and rewarded.