Summer Month FTE Nursing Assistant Medical Oncology
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:February 09, 2024
Department:38023270 Unity 2W Medical Surgical Oncology
Shift:Day/Night (United States of America)
Shift Length:12 hour shift
Hours Per Week:30
Union Contract:SEIU-4-Mercy Service Workers
Weekend Rotation:Every 3rd
Job Summary:Allina Health is a not-for-profit health system that cares for individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. If you value putting patients first, consider a career at Allina Health. Our mission is to provide exceptional care as we prevent illness, restore health and provide comfort to all who entrust us with their care. This includes you and your loved ones. We are committed to providing whole person care, investing in your well-being, and enriching your career.
Key Position Details:
- Position is for a 0.75FTE (36 hrs/week) for the months of mid-May through mid-August, depending on school needs. School schedule may need to be provided.
- 12 hour shift rotations: 7am-7:30pm and 7pm-7:30am
- Weekend rotation every third
- After the NA is returned to school, the NA will agree to meet the monthly casual status requirements (see additional information provided upon hire).
- SEIU Contract
Under the direct supervision of a RN, assists in the delivery of patient care. This includes performing personal care such as feeding, bathing, dressing, grooming, moving and transporting patients, or changing linens. Collects and documents vital signs and other observations of patients.
- Performs personal care/interventions as assigned.
- Completes interventions according to identified critical elements of each procedure.
- Answers patient call lights promptly for both assigned and other patients.
- Distributes and sets up water, snacks and patient trays and assists patients.
- Assists patient with grooming and hygiene needs, maintains skin integrity, personal comfort and population specific needs of the patient.
- Provides assistance with ambulation, transfer, positioning and range of motion (ROM) according to activity order and needs of the patient.
- Implements activities of fall prevention plan as specified in plan of care.
- Collects and saves specimens.
- Provides assistance to the RN for admission, transfer, discharge and post-mortem care.
- May transport medications excluding controlled substances within the site.
- Observes, collects and documents health status data as assigned.
- Completes measurements according to critical elements of policy/procedures, which may include: temperatures, radial pulses, blood pressures, respirations, weights, intake and output.
- Reports immediately to the RN observations/health status data that are not within normal limits for the patient or are significantly changed.
- Documents according to documentation guidelines.
- Contributes to an environment that is safe for patients, visitors and employees.
- Protects patient, self and others from injury during transfers, lifts and transports by using proper equipment and body mechanics.
- Reports environmental risks or equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Uses equipment following policies, procedures and manufacturer directions or standards.
- May handle hazardous waste (identifies, segregates, and disposes of hazardous waste; ensures container integrity; knows emergency response procedures to spills, fires, and evacuation procedures).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required principle competencies as listed on the job description
- Must meet one of the following requirements:
◦ Six months of nursing assistant experience
◦ Successful completion of Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) program
◦ Completion of one semester of clinical rotations within an accredited nursing program
- High school diploma or GED
- Must meet at least ONE of the requirements below:
◦ Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association
◦ Current BLS certification from the American Red Cross
◦ Allina in-house BLS training (within 30 days of hire)
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently