Minneapolis, MN, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:February 07, 2024
Department:16008630 Revenue Cycle Management Hospital Coding
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Codes medical records using coding classifications to ensure data integrity and proper assignment of codes based on coding guidelines. Ensures accurate record documentation to support correct code assignment, reimbursement, precise reporting of services rendered, and compliance with government regulations. May train new staff.
Key Position Details:
- Full time, day shift position
- Benefit eligible
Job Description:Principle Responsibilities
- Codes medical records using coding classifications to ensure data integrity and proper assignments.
- Analyzes medical records to ensure accurate coding and sends provider feedback to improve the quality of documentation.
- Collects and abstracts data elements.
- Addresses unbilled and incomplete records.
- Identifies and suggests areas of improvement in high compliance risk coding areas.
- May train new staff and answering specialty related process questions.
- May guide work of associate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree in coding required or
- Completion of an accredited coding certification program or
- Associate's or Vocational degree in Health Information Technician required or
- Bachelor's degree in Health Information Administration preferred
- 1 or more years of coding experience for CPC or CCS credentialed or
- 0-1 year coding experience preferred for credentialed RHIT or RHIA
- Certified Professional Coder - American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) required upon hire or
- Certified Coding Specialist - American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) required upon hire
- Registered Health Information Technician - American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) required within 2 years of start date or
- Registered Health Information Admin - American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) required within 2 years of start date as a Coder
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently