Minneapolis, MN, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:February 08, 2024
Department:62830600 Medicine Specialties Administration
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Responsible for direct patient care by reviewing patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families. Specializes in diseases and disorders of the kidney, and conditions that impact renal function.
We are offering a 4 year guaranteed salary of $390,000 for graduating fellows and $410,000 for experienced Nephrologist physicians.
We will also offer an $80,000 sign on bonus with the addition of relocation if applicable.
We will offer CME, technology stipend, 401k, 457B and a SPESP savings account where Allina will contribute additional Allina funds to an account for physicians to utilize and pull from once a year.
Allina is a non-profit 501c organization and so we do qualify for the Public Loan Forgiveness Program.
Key Position Details:
Job Description:Principle Responsibilities
- Direct Patient Care.
- Provides specialty care for patients with diseases or disorders of the kidney, or conditions which impact renal function.
- Reviews patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Evaluates, interprets, and coordinates information to make decisions and recommendations regarding patient care.
- Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Charts in electronic format in accordance with licensure and scope.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- May provide care in an ambulatory clinic, inpatient or outpatient hospital setting.
- May participate in on-call rotation.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or work flows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral/Ph.D. level advanced degree in Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine required and
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited Residency training program in Internal Medicine required and
- Completion of a fellowship in nephrology from an approved school of medicine required
- 0 to 2 years of demonstrated experience in the designated specialty required
- Licensed Physician - MN Board of Medical Practice required upon hire and
- ACLS-BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required within 180 Days and
- PALS - Pediatric Advance Life Support - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire and
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire
- Licensed Physician - WI upon hire required and
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Internal Medicine upon hire required and
- Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate upon hire required and
- Prescription Monitoring Program upon hire required and
- National Provider Identifier upon hire required
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently