Massage Therapist Mother Baby
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:February 06, 2024
Department:62796900 Penny George Institute for Health and Healing Integrative Medicine
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:Variable shift length
Hours Per Week:0
Job Summary:Provides professional therapeutic massage services to patients who suffer from conditions that are amenable to treatment with this modality. Services may be provided inpatient, outpatient or in a hospice setting.
Key Position Details:
- Abbott Northwestern mother baby center and United hospital.
- Day shift
- No weekends
- Provides therapeutic massage.
- Evaluates, develops, and implements the patient plan of care based on individual needs including age specific and learning style needs.
- Provide relief for mental and physical distress by reducing muscular pain and tendon discomfort, calming the nervous system and increasing circulation.
- Administer treatment techniques within massage therapy guidelines that may include; myofascial release, trigger point therapy, cranio sacral and pregnancy massage
- Educates patients and families as needed regarding treatment and follow through.
- May make referrals.
- Documents treatment plans as they relate to specific outcomes.
- Quality improvement and education.
- Consults and collaborates regarding educational needs, quality improvement initiatives, research projects, and other related activities.
- May educate internal agency staff, internal customers and the community regarding massage therapy.
- May participates in relevant activities to promote services as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vocational or Technical Training from an accredited school of Massage Therapy with 500 hours of training required
- 2 to 5 years in massage therapy required
- 0 to 2 years in massage therapy in an acute care setting preferred
- Certified Massage Therapist - National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) required within 180 Days
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon hire
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment if providing services for Home Care and Hospice
- MBLEx certification or
- NCBTMB certification within 180 Days
Lifting weight Up to 50 lbs. occasionally, Up to 25 lbs. frequently