Guest Service Coordinator
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:February 06, 2024
Posting Expiration Date:February 14, 2024
Department:31008150 Volunteer & Guest Services
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:32
Union Contract:SEIU-4-Abbott Northwestern Service Workers
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Job Summary:Promotes a positive, professional image of the hospital and provides exemplary customer service to patients and guests in a respectful, warm and professional manner. Provides hospitality, direction and escorts to patients and families in lobbies, surgical and other waiting areas. Directs and escorts patients and guests from main points of entry to various points of service, navigates the hospital and its multiple systems and departments in order to meet the needs of patients and guests and resolve their concerns.
Key Position Details:
Sat, Sun, Tues, Thurs, Fri (11:30a-8p)
Tue, Thurs/Fri (11:30a-8p)
- Provides exemplary customer service to patients and guests.
- Performs and model the Guest Service Behavior Standards while adhering to department workflows.
- Creates a welcoming environment as the first contact for patients and guests. Assists and provides information to the patients, guests, and staff.
- Receives discharged patients from staff. Observes patient in a designated area and safely assists patients into vehicles.
- Answers telephone and transfers calls as necessary.
- Performs the three fundamental duties in Lobbies: Greet everyone who enters the hospital while utilizing key words identified in workflows, escort patients and guests to their destinations and at the end of all interactions asks "Is there anything else I can do for you before I leave"
- Performs the three fundamental duties in Waiting Rooms: Round with guests while utilizing key words identified in workflows, oversee and support volunteer activities to meet guest needs and at the end of all interactions asks "Is there anything else I can do for you before I leave"
- Navigates the hospital and its systems in order to meet the needs of patients and guests and to resolve their concerns.
- Guest Service team members own all guest problems by either resolving the problem or finding another employee who can do so.
- Assists family members with lodging and provides concierge services as needed.
- Oversees and directs the activities of Guest Service volunteers.
- Assists with the training or coaching of volunteers to service standards and models exceptional service for volunteers at all times.
- Assists with maintaining Patient Experience volunteer activity.
- Distributes meal and parking coupons to volunteers.
- Maintains a welcoming, neat, clean and safe environment at all times.
- Keeps frontline service areas are kept neat, clean and orderly.
- Locates wheelchairs within the building as necessary.
- Initiates action with other departments as needed in order to maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- 0 to 2 years in a fast paced customer focused service role or office environment required
- 2 to 5 years preferred
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently