Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:February 06, 2024
Department:62799905 Penny George Institute for Health and Healing East
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:24
Job Summary:Specializes in the study of nutrition, which includes preventive nutrition, diseases related to nutrient deficiencies, and the science of nutrition. Utilizes this broad base of knowledge to educate internal and external audiences, act as a nutritional resource, provide individual nutrition counseling and participate in research.
Key Position Details:
- Hybrid position
- Flexible weekday schedule (days)
- Benefit Eligible
- Educator and resource expert
- Presents general knowledge of integrative nutrition to internal and external audiences.
- Responds to requests from healthcare providers for current evidence for safe/effective use of integrative nutritional therapies.
- Develops workshops/classes in regards to nutrition for specific health issues.
- Develops workshops/classes and/or ongoing programs that target health/wellness topics.
- Individual nutrition counseling
- Develops and implements nutritional strategies based on patient uniqueness/individual health history.
- Develops educational materials to support and expand on nutritional recommendations.
- Participates in the identification and implementation of research to further clarify current therapeutic approaches.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Nutrition, from an accredited university required
- 2 to 5 Years experience in the basis of medical nutrition therapy and a strong background in the Functional Nutrition Approach to nutrition counseling required and
- Demonstrates appropriate use of conventional and functional nutrition within a variety of populations required and
- Comprehensive/integrative nutritional program development experience required and
- Understands Integrative Medicine and able to make informed referrals to Integrative Medicine practitioners required
- Licensed Nutritionist Licensed Nutritionist in the State of Minnesota Upon Hire required
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently