RN - General Medicine
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:February 06, 2024
Posting Expiration Date:February 14, 2024
Department:34003260 4500 General Medicine
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:28
Union Contract:MNA-12-United RN
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Job Summary:Allina Health is a not-for-profit health system that cares for individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. If you value putting patients first, consider a career at Allina Health. Our mission is to provide exceptional care as we prevent illness, restore health and provide comfort to all who entrust us with their care. This includes you and your loved ones. We are committed to providing whole person care, investing in your well-being, and enriching your career.
Key Position Details:
- 28 hours per week
- Every other weekend rotation
- 8-hour shifts
- Benefit-eligible position
- Tier 1: 12 months in-patient med/surg experience
- Tier 2: New Grad
Nursing is the assessment and treatment of human response to actual or potential health problems. This includes establishing an intentional therapeutic relationship between a registered nurse and a patient and family. As a leader and the integrator of care, the professional nurse has the responsibility, authority, and accountability for planning, coordinating and evaluating the patient’s care needs.
Practices primarily on hospital units and care for patients that are acutely ill across a wide variety of medical issues and support recovery from surgery.
- Comprehensive assessment of patient and family needs; identification of outcomes based on needs assessment; establishing the plan of care; supervising the progress; and modification of the plan of care as needed.
- Maintains education and competencies to remain proficient to provide high quality patient care practice and skills.
- Incorporates evidence-based nursing practice taking into consideration current statutes, rules and regulations when developing the plan of care.
- Establishes, in the collaboration with the family and patient, realistic and measurable patient expected outcomes based on nursing diagnoses, patients present and potential capabilities, goals, available resources and plan for continuity of care.
- Identifies outcomes that are age appropriate, culturally appropriate, realistic and attainable.
- Coordinates, collaborates, and delegates appropriately to ensure care is provided in a safe, effective fashion.
- Fulfills all organizational requirements.
- Supplemental roles:
• Charge Nurse (only when acting in this role).
◦ Demonstrates ability to coordinate, delegate, and direct unit operation, collaborates effectively with unit staff, leadership and other disciplines.
• Preceptor (only when acting in this role).
◦ Demonstrates ability to identify the orientee's learning needs, plans appropriate learning experiences and demonstrates ability to validate clinical competence of orientee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Professional RN experience
- Medical/Surgical experience
- Licensed Registered Nurse – MN Board of Nursing required if working in state of MN upon hire / WI Department of Safety & Professional Services required if working in the state of WI upon hire
- Must meet at least ONE of the requirements below:
◦ Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association
◦ Current BLS certification from the American Red Cross
◦ Allina in-house BLS training (within 30 days of hire)
- Certified Medical Surgical RN (CMSRN) preferred
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently