Activity Based Exercise Specialist
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:February 06, 2024
Department:31602010 Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute NeuroRecovery Network
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Design and deliver activity based exercise programs for individuals. Includes client assessments, exercise program design and progression, and data entry.
Key Position Details:
- 40 hours per week
- Day/Evening shifts
- No weekends
- Benefit Eligible
- Complete initial and 90 day assessments.
- Follow assessment protocols to complete assessment and enter data results into database.
- Utilize assessments to develop exercise program appropriate for client's goals. Exercise includes locomotor training, overground activities, Functional Electrical Stimulation bike, cardiovascular and strengthening exercises.
- Complete outcomes measures as appropriate.
- Design and deliver activity based exercise programs.
- Deliver exercise program based on lagging factors from assessment.
- Modify exercise program as client progresses.
- Enter exercise session data into database following protocols.
- Provide documentation of client progress for insurance coverage , statistical and financial reporting.
- Provide direction to fitness specialist to assure that exercise programs are delivered following protocol.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science or Exercise Physiology required or
- Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology required or
- Bachelor's degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related therapy field required and
- Master's degree in Exercise Science or Exercise Physiology preferred or
- Master's degree in Kinesiology preferred or
- Master's degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related therapy field preferred
- 2 to 5 Years in developing exercise programs for people with disability required
- American College of Sports Medicine Health Fitness Specialist Or equivalent Upon Hire preferred
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently