Employee Relations Consultant
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:February 05, 2024
Department:16001051 HRSS Employee Relations
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Conducts workplace investigations end-to-end including documentation, analysis, and reporting, analyzing trends, and building linkages to management development, retention efforts, and Human Resources business intelligence activity.
Key Position Details:
- 40 hours per week
- Remote position within Minnesota
- Benefit Eligible
- Conducts workplace investigations in complex situations, demonstrating effective listening, probing, and investigatory skills with the ability to synthesize data, identify root cause problems, and recommend actions to resolve.
- Conducts timely, objective, and thorough internal investigations including allegations of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation and prepare all required documentation.
- Reviews case data to identify trends, potential risk areas, and opportunities for improving management capability and policies and practices.
- Collaborates with the Law Department and Labor Relations (as needed) to effectively support investigative processes of employee complaints and resolve conflicts, compliance, and sensitive work-related issues.
- Collaborates with Human Resources partners and management regarding employee relation issues.
- Handles complex and emotionally charged issues with composure by addressing the situation objectively and remaining unbiased.
- Fosters an environment of inclusion and reinforce a positive employee experience during the investigative process.
- Participates in the development of the overall employee relations function including internal program, process standardization, protocol development, metrics, and reporting as well as ensuring clear communication and partnership across the system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, business or related discipline required and
- Master's degree preferred
- 5 to 7 years of experience handling internal company investigations within Employee Relations or Human Resources required
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently